Firewood fence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wv311

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
2B064A9B-D575-418A-AD85-54545AA22058.jpeg Headed home from the mountains this morning and seen this along the way. The picture only shows maybe half of it and it don’t appear that it’s for sale as you can tell it’s several years worth of hoarding based on the colors of each stack. My wife wasn’t impressed with how I locked the brakes up and scared her just to get a pic of a wood pile lol.

Im working on something similar.
1952d74ae9bfb8a1b9a2023444a4d831.jpg

sent from a field

My uncle did that around his backyard. Problem was just off the yard was swampy marshland. The oak began to rot almost as fast as cottonwood. Attracting rats and other critters into his yard.

I've got 140' stacked 5' high like that along my roadside fence. Does break the wind pretty goof if it comes from the W or SW. Guy took 6 cord last year so I cut another 6 for him this year. He switched to pellets :(

I'm protected on three sides by timber but the last two years our major snowstorms all blew from the north east so I get pretty snowed in. Bought 100' of snow fence this year that when the time comes I'll put up. I rolled the two rolls up on a piece of 2" pvc pipe so I can just slide them over the posts in the ground and pull them out, I did that because even though they're orange, I'm just not a big fan of the appearance. A fence of oak rounds would be much more appealing, only thing is I don't cut until we have a good blanket of snow on the ground usually so I'd have to figure out a way.

That first picture looks like it's next to the road.
If I did that, I'd probably wake up in the middle of the night to thieves backed to the stacks throwing my firewood into their pickup. Or come home from work each day and find wood missing.

Too much access for my liking. It looks pretty though.

I always love the pics of of thousands of splits that are all within 1/4" of each other in length...my wood wall would look like Hellen Keller was running the saw!

Theres a lot that went into consistent lengths.

Its a sickness, consider yourself blessed to not have it.

I agree with ASH, we had some low life's stealing from a neighbor and carrying it home over 1/4 mile away an arm load at a time.

I don’t know if carrying it that far by hand should be admired dedication, or seen as absolute stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a guy I booked into jail a couple times. One winter he emptied a farmers 300 gal diesel tank carrying 5 gal at a time over the hill to his house about 1/2 mile away.

Must have made a lot of footprints in the snow.:wtf:

Latest posts

Back