Firewood fence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a guy I booked into jail a couple times. One winter he emptied a farmers 300 gal diesel tank carrying 5 gal at a time over the hill to his house about 1/2 mile away.

I think that if I were a thief, I would have stolen another 5 gallon container. Unless of course he only had one arm.

Had a guy I booked into jail a couple times. One winter he emptied a farmers 300 gal diesel tank carrying 5 gal at a time over the hill to his house about 1/2 mile away.
This remains me of a funny story. I grew up in the fuel business. There was a lot of fuel oil heat in our area back in the day. Our bulk station was on the edge of town and normally the truck and tank was park there. People didn't like the tank in town at the station. At this point in time I had left area and went to city for a job 100 mile away.[ Mom and me didn't see eye to eye] I still would help on the weekends hauling fuel and sometimes during the week if needed. My uncle and one other guy usually drove the truck. The truck had big fuel tanks 150 on each side and most of our trips were 200 to 300 miles. This winter we are talking about it had been very cold for a long time. [No snow] My uncle was having some health issues and the other guy had been out of town some with family issues so I was running a lot as number one fuel was fly out of the bulk station as people were trying to stay warm and people trying to keep diesels running. Seemed like I was burning a lot of fuel but when you are in the business your don't worry about that you just pump more in the truck. The other guy was finally back so Sunday when I left the truck I completely filled it up as Monday the other guy was going to be back. You didn't leave equipment the station own low on fuel it was a unwritten rule. Monday I get a call at work from Mom asking why did I leave the truck low on fuel when a hand written ticket was in the box showing I had fueled it. I told I had filled it Sunday night when I parked it Earl said Monday morning it only had a eight of a tank so he had to fill it before it pulled out. Come to find out a old guy that lived 1/2 mile south of the bulk station was stealing fuel out of the truck for heat and his diesel 730 JD tractor he did his business with the COOP so he never came in to the station. He was carrying it 5 gallons at a time probably been stealing fuel from us for 30 years. He burned wood and fuel to stay warm this long cold spell we were having he must of needed more fuel. He did get to do some jail time they set up a stake out and caught him.

Latest posts

Back