Firewood is lawn debris?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad I live in the middle of nowhere. There are folks with all kinds of crap in their yards. I keep mine neat and picked up, but I could care less what someone does with the property they pay for.

I can't stand busy bodies and their "ideas" on how everyone else should live. Only thing I have to say to them is - get bent.

Well I guess it's not just in australia then. Got a fine last week for parking my truck in the street. It's a small truck, but gross vehicle mass is 7 tonnes so it can't be parked in any residential area for more than an hour. Also can't be parked in my yard, which I pay for, because that would be 'carrying on a business'. $100 each time they come by

Well I guess it's not just in australia then. Got a fine last week for parking my truck in the street. It's a small truck, but gross vehicle mass is 7 tonnes so it can't be parked in any residential area for more than an hour. Also can't be parked in my yard, which I pay for, because that would be 'carrying on a business'. $100 each time they come by

sucks! I got nailed twice when I lived in metro atlanta for dubious things like that. Working on a vehicle in the driveway. It didn't matter both times the vehicle in question had a current tag/insurance, it was "forbidden".

Google Heidelberg Project here in Detroit and look at the pictures the whole block is decorated with junk.

Haha! That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read about stacking as art! What an eyesore that thing is! Call it art and you can get away with anything.

post a pic of your wood pile.

can you put a stockade fence around it?

it might be hard to fight and win that one. some towns really get down on stacking wood in the yard, especially when it becomes over bearing and is in plain sight.

I won't be building a woodshed, 25 years in the same location burning wood, no complaints till now and for years we diddnt have a fence.

That's funny that you mention a homeowners assoc, I life in a once farming comuntity of about 1800 people. Lots of people burn wood here. Not sure what to tell them except I won't be moving my firewood elsewhere. They seem most upset with last years wood pile. We changed locations of it to an area you can't see from the outside without a lader. I left last years to burn in the shop. I will go through it and toss out any doty or nasty stuff, but the burn able stuff will be there till it is burnt up this winter.

I have a tractor in the lot and it was brought up as an issue, not sure what to tell them it has spent the last 10 years outside and will do so for a few more. I moved my skid steer to the farm last year because of complaints about it being in the lot.

Don't ever, buy 3/4 acer in town even if it is a good deal to live in because this is the dumb stuff you get. No wonder there are 3 houses on every block for sale that are not selling who would want to deal with busy body's.

Wow, I'd really be in trouble. I move to where we live now cause I can pee of the front and back porch and be in privacy. I was once going to build me a pond here and was told about all the hoops I would have to jump through and environmental concerns I would have to address. Before I left that day I told, that krap what not going to happen. If I decided to build the pond that what I would do. Then they could do what ever it is they do. Turns out I never had the money to do it. So I save me a war there.

Lol, my place is surrounded in privacy fence from the outside similar to that cartoon. I keep less than a cord at the house and just haul it home a cord at a time as I need it. I bought a 1/4 acer paved lot next to us a few years back and surrounded it all in 6 foot tall privacy fence. You have to stand on something to see over it. I have not addressed this further. Haven't heard anything else.

firewood in the yard is debris...must be like propane in a tank is unsightly industrial scrap metal contaminated with mass quantities of hazmat.....

Back