firewood pond

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok this is a little off topic.. But this is where I hang out.When I built this house back in 04 I put in a small pond for the kids to swim in.. Well once it got frogs and snakes my daughter was not going to swim in it.. So I tore out the side and almost tripled the size of it.. Plus we pushed all the muck up out of the old pond. Took my dozer and a guy with a d5 (I worked a day and a half.He worked 4 hours or less. ) He did all the finish work..trust me it was worth what I paid him to clean up my mess.
110512061.XXgyaTku.outlineofnew85.jpg
110586851.zqEc2nC7.adownin126.jpg
110586853.gFRdhAda.aftercompletion123.jpg
110586847.qKI33eu1.adonedog131.jpg

Now I see some nice work:clap: Looks to be a fair sized pond. Do you have any Canada geese in your area, around here they are a huge PIA for pond owners.

TS:cheers:

Now I see some nice work:clap: Looks to be a fair sized pond. Do you have any Canada geese in your area, around here they are a huge PIA for pond owners.

Yeah we have the nasty basturds. they tend to die all times of the year, not sure what kills em. Possibly lead poisoning..My dog will keep them ran off.

They do make mighty fine jerky and/or sausage. They're also great exercise for the dog. At a local golf course they tried coyote decoys to scare the geese but it hasnt worked. At a glace quit funny to see geese hangin with a "coyote".

Nice! The State would permit you to death here if you wanted to build a pond like that.

Nice job Eric. How does the pond get water? Nice little dozer too.:cheers:

The pond only gets its water from Rainfall and run off.. Around here that is probably how 90 % of all farm ponds stay full.
We had a nice soaking rain overnight.. Is just a real shame that I did not have the straw and grass seed down huh.. Oh well before I get grass growing on top of the dam I need to bury the invisible fence wire anyhow.. Gots to keep the pond dog safe and at home.
Who needs permits.. Heck we had this started and completed before anyone could have filed a paper to stop us anyhow. If one had been needed, which was not..I think

I was told that if you call it a fire pond a permit is not necessary. At least up here. So a fire pond it is!

You should be happy with them eric.

Years ago we put in 2 ponds here in low areas. They helped dry up the rest of the land and always stay mostly full of water. One's for our recreation the others for mother nature.

Kind of a fluke how we did it too. With Hein Werner C-12 or 14 I was burying a huge pile of unburnt stumps my wife had been #####ing about for years.

I noticed the hole at 10ft was all hard pan clay and thought hummm this would hold water pretty good. So we agreed on 2 low areas and put in ponds...the ponds were easy.

The real trick was grading 2500ft of swale holes to drain the overflow.

It has already got water in the bottom

But none up near the top for some odd reason. We had about an inch of rain and it put a little over a foot in the deep end.
We got the levee strawed and seeded this evening. let the spring rains begin.

nice work

Nice work there! looks real good......but one question. why did you want someone to come in and finish grade it? you can't see the sides when it's full of water! just pullin your leg man, looks really nice. How do you like cleaning them tracks!! fun fun fun sticky clay like peanut butter!

Latest posts

Back