firewood prices by area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the whole deal with manhattan fire wood priceing is storage? people do not have the room to store a full cord of wood. so they buy face cords and smaller loads. what about stacking? or carrying it through the house to stack in the back yard is that extra or included? what about carrying it up a few flights of stairs?

now with the double parking tickets at 110.00 a pop and the traffic in mahattan, with two men how much wood can you deliver in a day? it is not side walk delivery. there is no room to dump a truck on the side walk so it all has to be unloaded by hand into a garbage pail and carried through the house. i have a hard time believing many 800.00 cords of wood are sold, and it would take 2 guys half a day to carry it through the house and stack it. add in a parking ticket or 2 a few scratched walls and where is the profit? most people just buy a bundle at the local deli when they want a fire. i've even had to take wood up in elevators to stack on roof deck's. the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I guess my sarcasm wasn't as obvious as I thought it was. Honestly, I wouldn't even try to deliver there even if I lived there.

Redbull said:
Nah, I'll leave the downtown deliveries to KF. I like to keep mine within 10 miles.

our yard to down town manhattan is only 11 miles, but that eleven miles could take you 2 hours.;)

It takes a different breed of people to deal with that. No offense. I commend your patience. Did you grow up in NY?

And to keep up with the thread...I'm now selling 1 cord= $180,
1/2 cord= $120, and since I get a lot of requests for 1/4 cord=$75.
I'm in Kansas City, MO

I'm getting $195 cord picked up by customer, and charge delivery fees accordingly.
Western Kentucky

up here in New York, Sullivan County Area, cords, that is 128 cu ft, go for between $120-$150, delivered. I had SO MUCH wood from removals, and from the tops of timber that I had harvested, that I though that I would get into the firewood business. My first year I moved 98 cords at $100 bucks each. Needless to say, after a couple of years of competing with all the locals, who undercut each other constantly (oh, around here, everybody is a "tree guy," as well as a plumber, carpenter, equipment operator, and polical hopeful) I decided that I could loose money at home, without having to work so hard to do it.

Latest posts

Back