Firewood Truck Be Gone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont baby ours either. I think a diesel is made for pulling, but Ive seen a boat load of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks that were over loaded.....and Im guilty of it too. I hauled our pc-78 on a dual tandem gooseneck behind a 1 ton ford. It pulled it ok, but it would have been bad news if any body/thing would have wanted to play chicken. The pc-78 weighs 18,000 its self. The trailer was 28 foot, and rated for 24,000, but I dont know what it weighs....its heavy as hell though.

I seen a D5 high track behind a dodge once. He was running about 70 down the interstate and was having no problems.:laugh:

94-02. The 94 to early 98 have the 12 valve engine with mechanical injection. The 98.5 to 02 have an electronic injection pump that will die. If you get one in those years get a fuel pressure warning light atleast. An aftermarket fuel system is a better upgrade for them. On the 98-00 look to avoid 53 block trucks they are prone to cracking. 55 blocks are a better casting. If you find one with a 53 block that you like I would point that out and offer $2k less for it.

Back