First Post. Howde from Alabama

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFK

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just signed up and making my first post on this site.
We live in North West ALabama.
Tornado came within 2 or 2 1/2 miles of our home.
Took my two year old MS310 to help. 20 years of firewood cutting had not prepaired me for tornado brush. I did what I could but mostly had to cut around the edges. Went looking for a Chainsaw Class to inprove my skills and found this site. Been looking around in here for the past few days.

Questions:
Any of you folks close to North West Alabama?
Do any of you folks know where I can find a good chain saw class?

Talk to these folks for info on dates and location of a nearby class:

Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions Disaster Relief

I'm not a member of that organization, but the training classes around here provide an excellent safety-oriented intro. You can't even touch a saw on one of their clean-up missions unless you've been certified to handle the equipment safely. They've learned the hard way that too many "experts really are inexperienced novices.....

I'm gonna get myself certified sometime this year.

xtm

Thanks XTM:
I have looked them up.
They have Chainsaw classes "as needed".
Printed out one of their handouts.
Stuff in that handout I never heard of.
So I have much to learn.

David

Welcome, you can pick up a lot of useful information here. Most folks are friendly much like my home town of Dothan Al. Roll Tide

Roll Tide :msp_biggrin:

Thanks for the welcome.
And thanks for the help.
You folks may see me from time to time.
I am sure I will be asking questions in most of my post.

David

The best thing you can do is work with some people that are experienced at clearing storm fall. As you found out, it's completely different than cutting fire wood. I don't think VOAD offers any classes. Thanks for helping out. This recent one was a huge mess. Glad to see someone else from this area on here.

Hay a local.:)
Yes, I found out fast I had no buisiness in the middle of that mess.
Who is VOAD?

David

Back