first saw in months

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
well the dry spell is finally broken,,, havent found a decent buy in months,, stopped at a pawn shop on the way home from docs today and found this,, so far i havent found a scratch on it yet,, the sprocket still looks new so i figure there has been very few tanks run through it,,, it started on the 3rd pull at the pawn shop,,,the limiters are still on it so those will be taken off and open up the muffler,,, i gave her an offer and she didn't like that,,,she counter offered and i didnt like that to much so i countered again and she had to think about it for a few minutes,,,,, told her my finally offer was for right then and there and i would go home with it,, well she took it,,,,it is a 2010 model,, called a buddy of mine thats an echo dealer and he said a new one would run about 350,, i didnt pay near that

IMG_1406.JPG IMG_1407.JPG IMG_1408.JPG IMG_1409.JPG IMG_1411.JPG

your buddy is off... they sell here for 269 plus tax..... used ones come up on cl for 150....200 would be good in good condition.....i passed on one at depot for 229 on clearance.... in the box i shoulda grabbed it....hope you got it way less then 350......look forward to the videos after you get it modded..... always enjoy your vids.....

http://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Chain-Saws/CS-330T

Bought a 330-t just like that in pristine shape for $120.
sold it for the same. I know these aren't meant to be a high powered saw, but mine lacked adequate huevos, even for a top handle.
Figured I don't use a top handle enough to justify modding it. Hope you're serves you well.

why im looking forward to his before and after mod videos...... scotts pretty good at waking a saw up....

nice find you suck, can you pop open the muffler and give me some pics of inside of it.
not sure if there would be a cat in that muffler or not.

just as bad as my pb 250 echo blower i used a drill bit and drilled out mine runs a lot better and has more power.

ok,, even at 259 i didn't even pay half that,,, lets say about 35% of new,,,,,,, ok,,, here we go,,, pulled the air filter cover,, very little dust,,,, the black was just starting to wear off where the chain rides on the sprocket,,,, i pulled the muffler,, gutted it and double the outlet to what it was,,, pulled the limiters,, it did have a cat in the muffler,,, it does have an adjustable oiler and it only took about 2 seconds to blow off the air filter and in around the carb,,, very little dust,,,, i sharpened the chain thats on it,,, i can say it really woke up,,, i will say it will out cut my ms170,,,, here are the pics from what i did to it,,,, i am down loading a vid right now,,

IMG_1412.JPG IMG_1413.JPG IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1415.JPG IMG_1416.JPG IMG_1417.JPG

you got a really good deal then..... nice work ... whens the video?

been thinking about getting one of these but wanna see how it performs after the mods.....

just as bad as my pb 250 echo blower i used a drill bit and drilled out mine runs a lot better and has more power.
does that blower have a carb thats non adjustable? i have the echo pb 251 and it has the cat but no adjustment on the carb except the hidden jet under the brass fitting

Back