first time you started using a chainsaw what was it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
451e

I was 14 or 15 when i needed more trails to ride my atv on so out came dads jonsered 451E still running today 15 years later and the trails are still open ! !

Last edited:
first saw

late 60's blue XL-12 I got from my grandfather and used till my brother took to use and never brought back. second saw was a poland 245a that I sill have and runs like a new one.:msp_smile:steve

I was around 14 we got a new John Deere 55v. Don't know what happened to that one..... Dad probably gave it away.

If someone has one sitting around.....I wouldn't mind having one again..... hint....hint

first chainsaw I used was when I was 16 or so. Neighbor's Poulan 33cc. 14" bar. Don't remember the model, they sell it at lowes, and it's a piece of junk.

It was a McCulloch Timber Bear. I was around 15 years old. My brother in law brought it from the U.S. and told me just to be careful, and don't get hurt.

Back about 1972 or so, a Power Mac 6 with a 16" bar that my grandpa had. Then about 74 or 75 my great uncle's new Stihl 031 AV. Lots of water under the bridge since those days

Steve

Mac 3-25 We bought it new in 1950 and wore it out cutting oak firewood to burn and sell. It was our first chain saw and one of the first successful one man saws. I have a 3-25 now, but it is not my original.

BirdHunter

The first memory that I have of a chainsaw was a sand cast Poulan (don't remember the number) that my mothers brother had.
(Not to be confused with my Fathers brother referenced above.)

That S.O.B. was so damn loud that we kids would literally fight to see who was gonna have to hold the wood for Uncle Billy to cut!!!
About 5 minutes holding the wood and your ears seemed like they were about to bleed.
I've never experienced a louder saw in my life. Maybe it was because I was so young and my ears were so sensitive, but it was absolutely brutal!!!

Mike

I had one of those sand cast Poulans........good Lord it was loud. :msp_ohmy:

I've been sitting here trying to remember the first saw I ever ran. I really don't remember the first saw I ran. I have four older brothers that were always daring me into stuff..........probably one of the memories I've suppressed. :hmm3grin2orange:

I was 13 when my dad let me use his homelite 550. Still have the saw and keep it running to this day just because it is special to me. The saw it on its 3rd generation now.

A Poulan something or another when I was maybe 10? It's long gone, but must have been a classic though. My son has a toy that looks just like it, Poulan lableing and all. Then it was a McCulloch 610 Timber Bear. Still have it. It and my old man spent a solid 4 hours together today bucking 10" oak. Thing still rips. The ol' man had a huge grin on his face the whole way.

Latest posts

Back