Fiskars Splitting Axes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a Grand Opening of a Harbor Freight Tools here in town last Tuesday...
I got myself a 1x30" belt sander for $45 that I have been eye-balling for a while. Added some more super fine grit, 300-600-800-1200-3000, belts from www.trugrit.com, including a leather stropping belt.
20150510_090406.jpg
Works excellent for all kitchen knives, and I can throw my Norelco shaver in the trash bin now. I can shave with my Fiskars Super Splitter
Shavings...
20150510_091039.jpg
The tip of a Phillips #2 at the left of my arm-hair...
20150510_091348.jpg
sharp...
20150510_091732.jpg
Shiny...
20150510_090251.jpg

We had a Grand Opening of a Harbor Freight Tools here in town last Tuesday...
I got myself a 1x30" belt sander for $45 that I have been eye-balling for a while. Added some more super fine grit, 300-600-800-1200-3000, belts from www.trugrit.com, including a leather stropping belt.
View attachment 423831
Works excellent for all kitchen knives, and I can throw my Norelco shaver in the trash bin now. I can shave with my Fiskars Super Splitter
Shavings...
View attachment 423832
The tip of a Phillips #2 at the left of my arm-hair...
View attachment 423833
sharp...
View attachment 423841
Shiny...
View attachment 423830

There is no way no how ben needs or wants a Fiskars that sharp.

My superficial ganglion are perfectly happy with my raker file touch ups.

But damn Akkamaan!!! Very impressive!!! Awesome job!!!

According to Amazon, the all black models have been discontinued. Interested to see if they go back to the orange grips or do something else.

A lot more splitting this morning with the Fiskars AND my dad got in on the action. I did buy it for him after all. Lol

After the initial learning curve, he was getting one shot blow throughs on the halves and 2/3 with a blow through for the whole pieces.

It was awesome!!!!!

He said that's the fastest he's ever split that much wood by hand. He absolutely loves it.

Lotsa dirt and half handle hits on the blow throughs. It was great.

This is the head after two times down there

What's been accomplished so far. Working on an incline is tough. Lol

It was a good morning.

A lot more splitting this morning with the Fiskars AND my dad got in on the action. I did buy it for him after all. Lol

After the initial learning curve, he was getting one shot blow throughs on the halves and 2/3 with a blow through for the whole pieces.

It was awesome!!!!!

He said that's the fastest he's ever split that much wood by hand. He absolutely loves it.

Lotsa dirt and half handle hits on the blow throughs. It was great.

This is the head after two times down there

What's been accomplished so far. Working on an incline is tough. Lol

It was a good morning.
Amazing how green it is down there considering buds just broke last week up north!

Latest posts

Back