Fiskars Super splitting axe review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grannie fled Finland just before the Russian Revolution, she had the equivelant of a Junior College education which was quite an achievement for a woman in Czarist Russia and one of the things that always grated on her was the diploma was seized along with other papers by border guards when she was leaving. But at least she got out, one of her traveling companions was taken off the ship and back to the mainland.

Good story:clap:

If you Fin guys get a chance you should watch this movie

http://www3.nfb.ca/collection/films/fiche/?id=51083

I am new to this forum but what does this have to do with Fiskars axe?

The axe is made in Finland and there are a number of posters being Fin or of Finnish descent including Dalmation90 who quoted the story about his grandmother leaving Finland. The movie I referenced has a true story line that is similar to.

Is that OK with you?

The axe is made in Finland and there are a number of posters being Fin or of Finnish descent including Dalmation90 who quoted the story about his grandmother leaving Finland. The movie I referenced has a true story line that is similar to.

Is that OK with you?

It was a serious question and I wanted to know so thank you for that... It is not a matter of okay with me but this thread and the people who are trying to learn from it.

It was a serious question and I wanted to know so thank you for that... It is not a matter of okay with me but this thread and the people who are trying to learn from it.

:agree2:You are right nocdpc!! We should try to stay on topic.....:censored:

If you look at this thread, we are doing quite well.....:jawdrop:

"aw come on"...I think we have to be human too, and allow our selves to be spontanious....and nostalgic....and happy....:clap: it is just a forum...not a high school class room...:dizzy:

So we all try to do our best, but once in a while we or someone else "slip" a little....maybe next time it is You....and we will forgive you...I promise no one will carry the anger for a long time...:cheers:

Yes, understood.

I observed their were self-appointed thread police on the tractor forum and many discussions invariably turned nasty. Life's too short for such bs.

I am a very social and out-going kind of guy who likes to applaud people for their efforts and submissions. I choose not to chastise them. If I don't like something I just don't read it.

May peace be with you.

I couldn't find one locally, did the ebay.. was in my local Sears last night with some friends, and there they were. My buddy has one now, just based on my description of the fun I was having with mine. Now it's going to rain for 10 days....:mad:

:agree2:You are right nocdpc!! We should try to stay on topic.....:censored:

If you look at this thread, we are doing quite well.....:jawdrop:

"aw come on"...I think we have to be human too, and allow our selves to be spontanious....and nostalgic....and happy....:clap: it is just a forum...not a high school class room...:dizzy:

So we all try to do our best, but once in a while we or someone else "slip" a little....maybe next time it is You....and we will forgive you...I promise no one will carry the anger for a long time...:cheers:

I agree but when I have to spend time to click on some weird ass site that has pop-ups all over my computer and it far from topic I lose patience... I think it is analogous to having a converstation with friends and having some stranger walk up and talk about something totally different(off-topic) and not only that the stranger has bad breath(pop-ups) :jester:

I love my fiskars

All the Fiskars admiration makes me wonder what the experienced manual splitter types on the forum could come up with if they put their heads together.

The question is:

Can the Fiskars SS be improved upon?

TS

All the Fiskars admiration makes me wonder what the experienced manual splitter types on the forum could come up with if they put their heads together. The question is: Can the Fiskars SS be improved upon? TS

I'm sure that it can, but not sure how (depleted uranium tip?).

It also raises the question of whether the wedges on powered splitters could be improved to allow them to split tougher logs, with less force, etc. Most of them were probably designed to be 'good enough'. or for durability or simplicity to make, not optimized for splitting.

Philbert

the only thing I don't like about the Fiskars , you have to wear gloves to absorb the shock , I thought about spraying expanding foam into the handle to see if that would help

you have to wear gloves to absorb the shock

You ain't kidding....I've learned the hard way to keep my swings below 90% of what I've got.

The hard way.

As attested to by my torn left shoulder and swollen second joint of the right hand index finger.

TS

the only thing I don't like about the Fiskars , you have to wear gloves to absorb the shock , I thought about spraying expanding foam into the handle to see if that would help

ummm.... you do know that you're supposed to loosen your grip just a little bit before the impact, so that you dont take all the shock into your joints...

ummm.... you do know that you're supposed to loosen your grip just a little bit before the impact, so that you dont take all the shock into your joints...

that's right, with a loose grip you can hit a 300 yd drive too...just a 4/5grip...:agree2:

Last edited:

Lose your cool and do it wrong just once on the wrong piece of wood and can you say 'torn rotator cuff'?

Ow.

Latest posts

Back