Fiskars X27 What a Piece of Plastic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the fiskars to be only marginally better than a 15$ tractor supply axe . A hydraulic splitter is much easier and won't wear you out . An x27 is still going to take repeated swings ( if it doesn't stick ) you will be hackin and wackin just like anything else on the market. Is it easier to swing than dad's old maul ? .. Sure but so is a golf club ,it doesn't mean it works any better

I found the fiskars to be only marginally better than a 15$ tractor supply axe . A hydraulic splitter is much easier and won't wear you out . An x27 is still going to take repeated swings ( if it doesn't stick ) you will be hackin and wackin just like anything else on the market. Is it easier to swing than dad's old maul ? .. Sure but so is a golf club ,it doesn't mean it works any better
I've found that it flies throught the first time, more often than any other of my splitting mauls, if it doesn't, then it usually pops it pretty good so my 6lb maul finishes it off, and if you have a tire around it so it keeps it all together, you can split a whole round faster than hydro splits one

The definition of work harder, not smarter. Neither is appropriate for that job, but at least one of those tools is useful for some things. The other is worthless for everything. All he was doing was picking the anvil up and dropping it.

I've quartered a lot of rounds that size, many with my old Chopper1 (which is probably 5-6lbs). If that doesn't work a couple of wedges would pop it with far less time and effort (and injury) than what he was doing. And it there's a knot then it would noodle right up.
:clap:

Even with an audience and video being made?
Especially with an audience. Last thing I need is to pinch a nerve in my back swinging that medieval battle axe and have 10,000 people on the internet see me rolling around in the leaves like a trout on the riverbank.

When I did a one handed wheelie on my kx500 with a beer in the clutch hand, I was called a neanderthal. Walked like one for about the next three weeks, too.

Never heard of it. If it is that dense and heavy, once dried it should be some wonderful stuff though.

Thinkin' this one was aimed more at the Mountain Mahogany thread, Homie.

When I did a one handed wheelie on my kx500 with a beer in the clutch hand, I was called a neanderthal. Walked like one for about the next three weeks, too.

Thinkin' this one was aimed more at the Mountain Mahogany thread, Homie.

BWAHAHAHA, ya, I deleted it here. Wondered where it went to..haha

Anyway, I couldn't watch this whole vid..I mean...that's just painful it isn't even that funny. I hope he got them busted up before his heartrate monitor flatlined...

That huge bludgeon he has, that's where you need a sideways roundhouse swing. With an edge, I bet it works, but....two monster mauls heavy, I'll pass.

About the worst fiskaring I have seen...for those whatever, hundreds of strikes, he could have had those big rounds smacked into shape.

I guess I missed it what was the point? 5000 strikes with the fiskars all over the round? 15 strikes with a 30lb anvil? Who in their right mind would throw a quarter round like that into a stove.

I deal with rounds like that with my fiskars, If they don't split normal, I just turn them into shingles,strike around the outside.

Very creative idea to get the heart rate up, but I would rather not.

I guess I missed it what was the point? 5000 strikes with the fiskars all over the round? 15 strikes with a 30lb anvil? Who in their right mind would throw a quarter round like that into a stove.

I deal with rounds like that with my fiskars, If they don't split normal, I just turn them into shingles,strike around the outside.

Very creative idea to get the heart rate up, but I would rather not.
The dude had good wind and he will have a very bad back soon. The point i got out of it was the 30 lb split the big round better then the fisker.

Who in their right mind would throw a quarter round like that into a stove.

No problem with it for the OWB boys of the group. Including me. You don't want them too small for long burn times.

The kid is in his right mind just experience hasn't reared her ugly head on him yet.

I've ordered a truckload of wood that size , bring that 30 pounder over , beer and pizza on me LOL

Beer and pizza in me. lol

While the kid split one round, I could hammer six Rolling Rocks and a 16" thin crust with extra sauce. Extra sauce yes make that eight Rolling Rock............

The biggest issue I have with fiskar splitter is digging it out of the dirt after each swing:chop:

I would be more worried about wrist issues using that 30 lb thing.

No problem with it for the OWB boys of the group. Including me. You don't want them too small for long burn times.

The kid is in his right mind just experience hasn't reared her ugly head on him yet.

I understand the long burn time for big pieces in OWB group I have one. But man those have to be close to 100lb quarters I don't like tossing those in at night standing on snow and ice.

But I only have a 20x20 door so that makes the difference.

Latest posts

Back