Fiskars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if rude and impolite ... .

Fiskars to my knowledge are "hobby" axes ... .

Gränsfors are lethal wood chopping weapons - their
price difference in Sweden if shopped clever is small
- but their difference in performance vast ... .

Gränsfors are individually blacksmith made by the
way - despite their not so much heavier price tag ... .

Edit: If you buy Fiskars in US it is most likely a PR
coup based on unclear but useful in PR advantages
with Scandinavian origin etc - they are at most aver-
age in performance though - there have been wood
shopping axe polls i the Swedish version of this forum
and I do not think I saw a simple metioning of Fiskars
whatsoever - and rightly so - just look at them by they
way and you realize that it is something that you can
get for free if bying 5 Big Mac menues :) .

Good luck

Have you actually tried one? Here the gransfors is around 3 times as expensive..is it three times the splitting axe? I am sure they are very nice, but or 40 to 50 bucks here they are MUCH better in the round compared to what we have at hardware stores or splitting mauls.

If we like the fiskers ability to split wood, and how much longer we can split with it, with out getten sore. Why go back to swinging 7 lbs again. And you defiantly get more power to your split on a block. 2 ways, 1 energy transfer, like busting a rock when its on another rock. 2nd the pendulum point.

You only THINK you are

I can put way more power in to my swing if I'm splitting on a block. But that's only cause I'm awesome!

putting more power into the split using the block, that is! :msp_biggrin:

The block acts as a cushion as well as setting the round in a relatively awkward position. It's the same old stuff I've heard all my life "if there was a better way we would have found it long ago" Have you ever tried any other way? "No our way is best, so there is no reason to try any thing else.":bang:

Sorry if rude and impolite ... .

Fiskars to my knowledge are "hobby" axes ... .

Gränsfors are lethal wood chopping weapons - their
price difference in Sweden if shopped clever is small
- but their difference in performance vast ... .

Gränsfors are individually blacksmith made by the
way - despite their not so much heavier price tag ... .

Edit: If you buy Fiskars in US it is most likely a PR
coup based on unclear but useful in PR advantages
with Scandinavian origin etc - they are at most aver-
age in performance though - there have been wood
shopping axe polls i the Swedish version of this forum
and I do not think I saw a simple metioning of Fiskars
whatsoever - and rightly so - just look at them by they
way and you realize that it is something that you can
get for free if bying 5 Big Mac menues :) .

Good luck

Sorry if this is rude but your just pissed that a 40 dollar fiskars probably out sells the Gransfors 100 to 1 because they are the cats meow. Under 5lbs and they split like a beast. So go ahead and keep swinging that extra 3 lbs or so to your arm falls off.:D

The block acts as a cushion as well as setting the round in a relatively awkward position. It's the same old stuff I've heard all my life "if there was a better way we would have found it long ago" Have you ever tried any other way? "No our way is best, so there is no reason to try any thing else.":bang:

Maybe a good topic for myth busters?

Drop an egg 6 in of the soil, then drop one 6 in of a block. How many out of ten would the block break from the ground.

Sorry if this is rude but your just pissed that a 40 dollar fiskars probably out sells the Gransfors 100 to 1 because they are the cats meow. Under 5lbs and they split like a beast. So go ahead and keep swinging that extra 3 lbs or so to your arm falls off.:D

Put a jack on a block, then put one on the ground, which will lift more?
SORRY WRONG QUOTE, BUT YA GET THE IDEA.

Put a jack on a block, then put one on the ground, which will lift more?
SORRY WRONG QUOTE, BUT YA GET THE IDEA.

yeah you are 100 percent right. The ground gives but the block really doesnt. Plus keeps axe away from my feet when splitting in flip flops and shorts.:laugh:

Egg and jack are poor analogies

what is the block sitting on? Bedrock?

However, around here there is little difference between dirt and bedrock.:msp_biggrin:

Got one!!

A while back i asked if it was worth the money, tax return came around and i spent the money, its a nice looking, and good working axe! I could only find an x25 around here, had to order a 27 online and have it shipped, but i had a cord of locust laying in the yard that needed split, and my wallet was gettin itchy, and my pocket was starting to burn a hole, so...i bought one! IT deff does the job! I'm used to swinging a 10+ lb maul at logs...this thing was like swinging a wiffle ball bat..lol i was like WTF?! lol WAM-O, right through, and continued to do that till i got to some knotted pieces and then it took a few swings. Will i buy a 27?..doubt it..between having the 25, a huge maul, tons of wedges and sledges, and access to 2 splitters (the neighbors) i probably wont need it, however i AM impressed with the performance and light weight of the fiskars!

So before i posted this i went to ebay and looked up Gransfors axes just for the hell of it...HOLY CRAP...Insanely priced..i Wont be buying one of those! lol i can buy my own used log splitter for the price of some of those!...Im not saying they arent worth it?(never swung one so i dunno) but the price alone..dang, the logs oughta split them selves just being near it (chuck norris style) for that price! Holy Moly!

Back