fittings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschoff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all on my pex line fittings in the garage I have the plastic fittings and I cannot get the top fitting to my fan/heater to stop leaking . I have changed the fitting and it still does it and it only leaks when it first starts up.what can I do to stop this anybody have anything that might help thank you Michael

More details please...what type of fitting, crimp/Sharkbite, etc? Plastic fittings and hot water sometimes do not play well together!

I am sorry for that, the fittings are sharkbite fittings. I am going to flush my owb this summer, should I switch all the fittings to brass or something else. thank you

Make sure the ends of you water line is cut square and have been deburred. I had a problem on a line when I used these and I think some of the burr materal cause the leak. I cut the line and took all the burrs off and cleaned out the fitting and it stopped leaking.

Also...make sure the "white" plastic bushing goes inside of the pipe, that is inside the Sharkbite, and make sure it is FULLY seated...take your dismount tool, disassemble/reassemble...hope that helps...I have all Sharkbite, 'cept for a small amount of copper pipe on my system...no leaks so far.

I had a problem with one of mine leaking and that there was not enough pipie to seat it totally. It looked like enough but was not.

Latest posts

Back