Flat top 066 coil ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got an older 066 flatso on the bench. Coil is weak as will not generate good spark through plug ( very bright with tester light and no plug). its the metal flywheel and no decomp version (SN #127xxxx best as I can see)
the coil has no PN# on it. just says "IIDA" --Japan---and "STIHL" on contact side.

1)How do you order a direct replacement ?
2)Can I swap out a poly flywheel and coordinating coil as a unit( which I have several of here).

No, you will need the aluminum flywheel. If it is not a red light a standard coil will work. If it is a Red Light you will have to change the flywheel to the one with both slots since that coil is NLA and timing is different.
I have a page with all that if I can get it from there to here, or somebody beats me to it.

No, you will need the aluminum flywheel. If it is not a red light a standard coil will work. If it is a Red Light you will have to change the flywheel to the one with both slots since that coil is NLA and timing is different.
I have a page with all that if I can get it from there to here, or somebody beats me to it.

great info. I thought the Flywheel and the coil were a match. didn't realize the coils co-mingle.

ps. no red light.

066%20flywheel%20ignition%20modules_zpswkumqq04.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] [URL=http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/rgerringer/media/066%20flywheel%20ignition%20modules_zpswkumqq04.jpg.html] [/URL]

Back