florida climb.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orlando is not bad for me 2.5hrs away. Brian, any good live oaks you can set us up in?? Plenty of good climbing trees here in Jax too. I know of some nice oaks with plenty of spread and some decent height (60'-70') that we could get into. My favorite customer has a huge lot on the river that is just beautiful and I'm sure she would love to have us.
Skrew the senator and the geek behind the desk!! No free tree work for you!!!
Greg

Thanks for checking about the Senator, Mike. As mentioned before, it isn't a particularly difficult climb. Just a 100' trunk with a big hole and a scrawny top.

Jax or Gainesville is OK with me! Live oaks are a lot of fun to climb and several climbers can be on different leads of the tree without getting tangled. I had a blast with Mike and Monkeypuzzle in Tallahassee last Saturday and the tree was beautiful! I can't show the picture with Monkeypuzzle's face without his consent but here is one of me just hanging around.

OK, who is going to find a tree for us to climb? Work has been spotty and slow lately and I'm itching for more air time. I'm thinking north Florida might be more convenient to more guys here, we might even draw in a couple Georgia guys. I'm willing to drive 3-4 hours for another fun climb like the one we had in Tallahassee a couple weeks ago.
:cool:

Rec climb

Why don't ya'll contact floridaisa.org and see if you can plan a rec climb. They in turn can contact the media for some good pr. and photos.

Proposed date......2/23

Brian and I have been trading e-mails, and I threw out the date of 2/23 when I'll be in Tallahassee (close to MonkeyP and Mike), who else can make it?? Mike/Monkey are you guys free, and can you find us a tree?? 2 trees close together would be cool I'd like to set up a zip line for a traverse.
Greg

I'm there!

Sounds great! I'm game for that huge live oak again or maybe something in Tate's Hell state park or anything else you find.

Looks like Mike Cross and Monkeypuzzle are hosting a tree party!!
:laugh:
Maybe we can start digging through our toys, er..... I mean tools and start thinking about what kinds of stuff we can set up. I can use my Mini-Traxion for setting up a haul line to bring up the soda cooler. The traverse line sounds fun too!

MP- you gotta get your own Pantin though. I missed having mine last time since it was on YOUR foot the whole day! :D

Last edited:
23rd IT IS!:blob2: There's a big public park here in Tallahassee called Tom Brown Park. Two live oak trees stand about 150' or less apart in a very secluded place. I've been climbing one of them. They are in an open field w/ mountain bike trails crossing through it. The trees are big enough to comfortably house 2 or 3 climbers each and maybe 4 w/ a few tangles. There's a lot of other's to climb too but these are my favorites in the park. I'll get MP to help scope out some other possiblilities. If anyone is interested and needs info., send me a personal message and we'll figure it out. I can bring a cooler w/ plenty of drinks and my girlfriend/ex (whatever she is) offered to make some lunch food or bring subs for everyone.The more the merrier!:D

Hope to hear from everyone!

So who else is coming?

We got 4 so far.
Mike or Monkeypuzzle- Which day, Sat or Sun? or both? Greg said he was taking his ISA certification test Saturday, dunno what times.

Back