Flue pipe Escaping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Doug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For some resone i coudnt find my thread on my ss insert trying to go up the chimny. To make a long story short i had put a ss pipe in my chimny and wasnt able to screw the tee to the pipe other than 1 srew in the front were bricks were removed. It came out and my pipe tryed to go up leting the vermiculite fall down into the tee. Last monthy i got a right angle driver/drill and drilled 3 holes for metal poprivets. It wasnt easy working from the inside of the tee but i did it. I have been burning wood off and on for about 30 days . I am going up on the roof tomorrow to check it out.

Sort of a similar issue with a friends Buck 81. We installed it with liner but realized there is no collar on the stove. We thought the weight of the liner would hold it down, this is an insert by the way. Well, I crept up a bit so we had to rush the collar from Buck and screw it in. It was a major pain in the ass! He has very little room to put the screws through the collar into the liner, but we got it cause my arms are like Gumby....

I would think the contractions from heat and cold made the liner creep. I hope you used stainless rivets as aluminum will melt. If so I wouldn't try to get them out now, I'd wait till I had a problem.

I used steel rivets. I was afrade to use screws they may have worked but i didnt want to take a chance.

Latest posts

Back