flywheel puller for husky.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodcutter69

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need one for my 372xp. I have searched ebay. and google and cannot find one that would work. Does anyone know where i can get one. I tried the methods that i read in here but I cannot get it to budge.

hit it harder!! i know i had to no damage! i hadnt seen any on ebay. did you try a local dealer?

I just hard the flywheel off of my 372 and I screwed the nut back onto the crank threads, used a screw driver behind the flywheel to apply some pressure and smacked the crank/nut with a wooden 4x4 block. I have used this method for years and never had any issues.

Here is a video of a tool that someone posted in another thread, the "poster" and the man in the video are fellow AS members.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jDDtDYUkNkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Of the 1000's of times I have taken the flywheels off a 372, I have never used a puller and never had a problem. Turn the flywheel 180 degrees from the magnets. Take a brass drift about 1/2 inch in diameter, strike the flywheel with an 8oz hammer perpendicular to the crankshaft, straight down adjacent to the cylinder. You dont need to touch the crankshaft other than to take the nut off. It will fall into your hand. Cheers, Simon.

Last edited:
Of the 1000's of times I have taken the flywheels off a 372, I have never used a puller and never had a problem. Turn the flywheel 180 degrees from the magnets. Take a brass drift about 1/2 inch in diameter, strike the flywheel with an 8oz hammer perpendicular to the crankshaft, straight down adjacent to the cylinder. You dont need to touch the crankshaft other than to take the nut off. It will fall into your hand. Cheers, Simon.

Dang, Simon, I made one out of angle iron I had lying around. Still a little scared of a lot of "kind a gentle persuasion" with aluminum bits.

ive just got a cheap air hammer that is powerered off my compressor. It has a point on the end a screwdriver underneather the magnet. A touch of the trigger and its off. No problems

Could you explain this a little more clearly. This sounds like a easy way to do it. So you hit down on the the opposite side of magnets with the drift/hammer? The drift is parallel to the vertical cylinder? The downward force and more importantly, the flywheel taper cause flywheel to come off? No worry of bending the shaft with perpendicular blow? Thanks

Last edited:
I use a brass hammer and not alot of force. But Im not sure you can damage one other than knocking off a fin,which isnt good. I have no puller and have taken off lots of saw flywheels with no problems. :D

Back