flywheel question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLakeHouse

Reaction score
the flywheels always make an extra revolution or two on shutdown? just noticed it today i could hear it spin a time or two after shutdown.

sound reminds me of a bearing that has just barley started to make a little noise.

Last edited:
Ummmm. Can't be just the flywheel. You'd never restart it after a loose one stopped because ignition timing would be off, starter slop, etc. Me thinks you have a bottom end problem starting.

Ummmm. Can't be just the flywheel. You'd never restart it after a loose one stopped because ignition timing would be off, starter slop, etc. Me thinks you have a bottom end problem starting.

what i meant was when you shut the saw down i would think the piston would have the inertia to rotate an extra time or two, which would spin the flywheel and since the saws off thats what im hearing...its very faint, but if u listen for it its there.

just tried to get it to repeat itself when just idling...my guess is i killed it a few times while the saw was still dropping in RPM's and i was hearing the flywheel coming to a stop.

paranoia runs deep they say right? haha

On my new ms290 you can hear it snort a time or two as it's coming to a halt.

Latest posts

Back