FNG That's ME

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domonick

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Im still a new guy around here and im really enjoying this forum it is very helpful. Well I recently revamped my website to make it mobile responsive, so far so good it works on mobile devices as well as desktops. Could you guys please take a look and give me some feedback if possible. I feel that it's pretty user friendly. Looking forward to hearing your feedback have good one. ( my sites in my signature)

Best hire or bribe a retired librarian to proofread your novel, and edit it savagely.
Or any English teacher...
It needs some proofreading. I'm no expert, but I took a few English classes in college and I was cringing at about every sentence. I'd cut down on the text as well. Before and after photos of your work are great on a website.

I agree with having your site use good grammar. Some people will be turned off, thinking that if you're not smart enough to speak well, then you're not smart enough to cut a tree.

Just remember, you want to get as much info out there using as few words as possible. I don't really see a need for multiple pages if your main page is well done. You have a contact form on the first page, and yet a separate page for contact. Not needed.

Keep in mind, the only purpose of a website is to get a lead. Clean and professional, just like your work, (I'm assuming).

On a philosophical note, we always preach "hire a pro" when it comes to tree work. Practice what you preach. Web design isn't really that expensive, and will pay for itself in a heartbeat. If you really want to set yourself apart from the rest, it will.

Consider putting your company name on top next to the phone number (is it "Palm Harbor Tree Pros" or "Tree Service Palm Harbor"? This should be made clear immediately upon opening the page.)

Also, with the wood-grain background, the black numbers of the phone number don't pop out like the white lettering does.

And as mentioned, use some commas.

When I started shifting trailers in the yard at UPS I had 24 years in with the company. I knew most to the drivers, but the dispatchers didn't know me by name. They sent me a move to build a set of doubles for a driver that was running late. I could build a set in about 15 min, but the dispatcher didn't know that. I had the set done and was waiting for my next move. A friend went by a couple times and finally pulled over and asked if I'd seen "The FNG" trying to build a set. I laughed and said I guess that would be me. He laughed and said you can't be the FNG, your'e too dang old. Then I became the "Old FNG", Joe.

Back