foot strap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im working on my rope walking set up and I cant find a foot strap that will work . I have looked at the ones from sherril and wesspur. I really would like just the strap part of a petzl pantin foot ascender or something just like it. So i figured I would thow it out to see in any one has any ideas.

thanks
jason

If your working on DLRW check this out. Works out pretty decent for a lot less money, I haven't tried the DLRW with 2 pantins but I did get this to work. The tibloc is like $25 and you can just use a nylon sling until you find ankle/foot strap.

Here

Last edited:
I have seen that. That would be a cheap way to get started. I actually used the petzl basic ascender with bungee on top and a strap on the bottom. The part Im having a hard time with is the strap I use on my foot slips off alot. Pain in the butt to try to put it back on mid line. I was hoping to find something that goes under the arch of the foot and wraps around the ankle.

jason

I remember the good old days when real tree climbing did not depend on new gadgets to make it easier. Soon, there will be a full force of sissy-fied climbers. With all respect, of course.:)
Jeff

Lol! That just may be my favorite post by you yet lovstrom.. tried to rep ya there! :laugh:

I thought the kid was doing better before he started fiddling with all that extra garbage.

Lol! That just may be my favorite post by you yet lovstrom.. tried to rep ya there! :laugh:

I thought the kid was doing better before he started fiddling with all that extra garbage.

your right he was but for fat old guys it does make a difference. I need to save as much energy as possible.

lol that was actually funny. I can hook you up for a ride along if you want to see what its like for a night. Yeah physically it may not be the most demanding but it can kick your ass in other ways.

well i definatly wouldnt consider mysel a sissy by any means but ill leave that one alone. I also know that Im not the best climber out there but not the worst either. I just like to learn new stuff and get better at what I do. thanks for finding the foot strap stihl I think that That might work out perfect.

jason

well i definatly wouldnt consider mysel a sissy by any means but ill leave that one alone. I also know that Im not the best climber out there but not the worst either. I just like to learn new stuff and get better at what I do. thanks for finding the foot strap stihl I think that That might work out perfect.

jason

Ever stop to think how us old timers influence these new gadgets?
Jeff :)

I saw a vid awhile back of Gerald Beranek rope walking on a double line with a pantin, a bungee cord and a gibbs ascender. It looked pretty cool. I just use a CMI foot ascender and a hand ascender along with my friction hitch.

fot strap

Ill be the first one to thank the older guys that have given me tips and knowledge. In another post i said that the older guy that i worked with always told me pay attention that he had forgotten more then i will learn. always did make me chuckle the way he said it.

that video by gerald beranek was the video that i learned from and modeled my climb system after. He is a huh figure in the tree industry and i would love to meet him in person.

Last edited:
Back