For pure longevity & wood harvesting, whats your choice of these 3?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReggieT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got an opportunity to buy a MS 270, MS 290, and a 029 Super...all in great shape & excellent prices.

My budget and time is limited to one maybe two of these, which one or two would you nab up and why?

Thanks,
Reg

The 029 Super and MS290 are identical in terms of performance; same cranks, pistons & cylinders. The only differences are the aesthetics of the orange plastics and the fact that the 029 has screw-in fuel & oil caps whereas the 290 has flippy caps. My personal opinion is to stay away from the MS270, so choose between screws or flips and choose one of the other two. I don't like the 270 because the one time I've run one it seemed 'squishy' and lacking in power. Also, not that it matters, but I've heard a lot of negative feedback about them as well.

The opinions about the 029/290 have been beat to death. No, not a pro saw, but kept clean, maintained well, and fed good fuel they'll last for many years of firewood cutting.

He said budget and time have limited him to one of those three and he asked for our opinions on which one of the three we'd recommend. If you can't recommend one of those three move on to another thread as you're no help to the OP.

The opinions about the 029/290 have been beat to death. No, not a pro saw, but kept clean, maintained well, and fed good fuel they'll last for many years of firewood cutting.

He said budget and time have limited him to one of those three and he asked for our opinions on which one of the three we'd recommend. If you can't recommend one of those three move on to another thread as you're no help to the OP.

Bossy little prick, aren't you?

You know what newtostihl, maybe I was "helping" the op by trying to dis wade him from buying one of those clamshell saws and reccomend a pro style saw. but of those three id take the 029, And one last thing, treeslayer said "IF" IF they have aluminum handles. Im done in here, have a good night.

Latest posts

Back