Ford saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberjach

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has a lead on some ford chainsaws. I know they are O&R but Im only interested in the Ford ones. I like the idea somebody came up with a while ago about tractor theme collecting. I figure ford was probably the hardest to find so I will start there.

I purchased a Ford saw at a sale a while back. It is a small saw, probably 40cc or so, 14" bar. It looks good and has good compression, but is missing some of the small parts, like oil cap, filter cover etc. I have seen a couple saws very similar to mine sell on ebay, they haven't brought very high prices if I remember correctly. I was wondering how long ago Ford offered saws and what size and models they sold. I'm sort of a Ford guy, I like the blue paint.

You don't see them often.
I have always thought about picking
one up but never have.
I have seen them on ebay every now and then.

Good luck on your search.

Lee

Like this? Complete with all the covers, caps, etc. Needs a carb kit, new fuel line/filter, and a starter rope. It ran A-OK before the rope frayed. Used it vocationally in the mid-1990s as a limbing saw. Probably should get it to a new home where it could be used and enjoyed, but there's still some sentimental attachment...Grandfather's saw.

They come up on eBay from time to time. Complete seems to go for decent coin, but incomplete is straight-up cheap. If worse comes to worse, you can probably make one out of an O&R-badged one with some Ford Tractor Blue paint...

Ford_1.jpg

Ford_2.jpg

Ford_Eagle_II.jpg

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I figure ford was probably the hardest to find so I will start there.

Yes Fords are not found everyday but the are around. They are nowhere the hardest to find of the tractor company branded saws. Of course John Deere is the most popular. They are followed by Ford and Allis Chalmers. Next I would put Massey Ferguson then White. As for the rarest.......... well let's see what others think. I have my opinion.

Bill

Yes Fords are not found everyday but the are around. They are nowhere the hardest to find of the tractor company branded saws. Of course John Deere is the most popular. They are followed by Ford and Allis Chalmers. Next I would put Massey Ferguson then White. As for the rarest.......... well let's see what others think. I have my opinion.

Bill

Wow, learn something new every day. Didn't even know that those tractor brands offered branded saws. Got any pics?

Lumberjach: If you've got any interest in the Ford I have, let me know and I can snap a few more pics of it all cleaned up (the two bench shots are pretty representative of its condition, though). I'm honestly never going to get around to using it for anything...

Last edited:
I just was given the same ford saw shown in the pictures... Carb is a bit buggered, but it ran when I put fuel down it. Yeah, I dug this thread up from the grave!

Latest posts

Back