Found A Bunch Of Stihl Saws On The Verge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can always sell the scrapes to @Bill G. He don't care if they are running. He is all about the count. Last time he updated us it was 700 to 750 saws. No doubt he is anxious to hit 1000. :yes:
Just what is a "scrape" Is that what you call the saws you bragged about wrapping in scotch tape to keep them clean? :omg:

201 starts runs for a bit but then dies, sounds clunky but is complete (apart from metal bar plate) and oils. Has scored piston. Could fix. Can these be changed to normal carb without to much trouble?

660 has most stuff but, missing cylinder, very rough - lots of rot under clutch, but hey, it can be fixed and I don’t care about rot, I can patch any rot if it goes through. Bottom end bearings shot, but crank feels good. Piston isn’t great, but it’s there and not too scored. Pitted from metal fragments from bearing no doubt.

IMG_2216.jpeg

looks like an 066 in the lot Tom, Great scrounging!
About the only things changed down here from late model 066 to ms660 was a different fuel cap and beefed up PTO side crank both come from the factory with dual port mufflers.
We didn't get the epa choked up gutless ms660 like you guys with it's little peashooter single outlet muffler.. Yes even the single outlet muffler has a smaller outlet than that found on duel port mufflers from memory the single outlet is like 8mm compared to 13mm on a dual port mufflers.... it's no wonder the US ms660 failed to impress anyone they choked em to death lol

About the only things changed down here from late model 066 to ms660 was a different fuel cap and beefed up PTO side crank both come from the factory with dual port mufflers.
We didn't get the epa choked up gutless ms660 like you guys with it's little peashooter single outlet muffler.. Yes even the single outlet muffler has a smaller outlet than that found on duel port mufflers from memory the single outlet is like 8mm compared to 13mm on a dual port mufflers.... it's no wonder the US ms660 failed to impress anyone they choked em to death lol
Thanks mate :) I went to the stihl shop today after a p and c for it. He has a complete but scored 066 for $100 Australia Dollars if I want it, but right now I don’t want more saws lol. So anyway, he dug out an old p&c he had held on to for over a decade, too nice to throw, sold it to me for $50 Australian dollars :) Need new crank bearings and seals, but I’m going to try do minimum to get it up and running. Still has machine marks on piston.

IMG_2223.jpeg

Thanks mate :) I went to the stihl shop today after a p and c for it. He has a complete but scored 066 for $100 Australia Dollars if I want it, but right now I don’t want more saws lol. So anyway, he dug out an old p&c he had held on to for over a decade, too nice to throw, sold it to me for $50 Australian dollars :) Need new crank bearings and seals, but I’m going to try do minimum to get it up and running. Still has machine marks on piston.

View attachment 1127717
Bummer I had a really nice low hr only run on Dominator @ 40 :1 piston was gonna sell ya for real cheap 😕
FB_IMG_1696044458930.jpg

Back