Found Some Writings...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hillbilly22 just stands there, with a dismal cast to his face, he had completely, throughly and without a doubt, stuck his little Huskie in that wretched Pine. A feeble attempt to extract the saw, resulted in creaking sounds from the AV mounts. Hillbilly22 swallowed his pride, along with a half pound of Redman and hauled off to find help. The first guy he ran across seemed like a nice guy, his name was GASoline71, Gas said "sure little fella, we'll give it a try". Back at the wretched Pine, they found that Chipmonks had left their opinion of the procedings, in the form of small pellets and a decapitated starter rope. GASoline71 laughed so hard, he lost one of the last remaining buttons on his overhauls. "well" says Gas, "not a problem, nope, no big deal, we'll having you sawing twigs again in a jiffy" With that GASoline71 drags up a big old Homelite, so old, so worn, you had to squint just right to make out the tag numbers. With his total enthusiasium, GASoline71 got right to it, 20 to 25 pulls later, the old red saw responds with a brain buzzing, ear killing blast of noise and smoke. Commencing on the job at hand, GASoline71 hoists 35 pounds of ancient mankiller to the tree, breaking wind with the effort involved. Soon the chips were falling, like butterflies after orchard spraying, the Homelite gnawed slowly through the wretched Pine, Hillbilly22's hopes were high. Then, spray of bright orange sparks were emitted on the far side, GASoline71 seeing Hillbilly22's mouth fly open, just winked, gave him a sideways grin and said "All normal mange, everything is just fine". More sparks, with a tooth crackin', grating sound, the top of the Pine tumbles from the stump, the Husky is free, but not unscathed. Hillbilly22, looks at what is left of his saw, the Homelite had chawed through most of the bar, some of the muffler and left a jagged notch on the top handle. "No need to thank me, I'm glad I could help" GASoline71 strides away, leaving a trail of Payday wrappers and Dr. Pepper cans in his wake.

thats good funny writing there randy and garys is awsome

Gary (and Randy), that's some good writing! If ya ever find those notebooks back, get some scans of em and I'll be more than happy to play transcriptionist, if for no other reason than to get an advance copy!!!

Keep it up dudes, y'all remind me of some of my favorite writers, Lewis Grizzard and Patrick McManus.

There was a twin ram jack that they guys used in the units I was in way back when. It had one hydraulic hose from a pump that split into 2 hoses, and then those went in to the 2 rams. It was a big ol' honkin' single pump with that thing. Maybe it was a custom made deal... not sure. :)

Gary

Did they look anything like this?
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=72725&d=1212810020
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=72726&d=1212810071

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back