Frankinoly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrycmorrow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
One if the frankinolys i built resists tuning. Replaced seals. Still resists.
On the premise that its sucking air i took the jug off. So its either the gasketless joint between jug and case or its a leak between the carb header block and the jug.
When rebuilt i deleted gasket. Done that on several other saws with no problems. I saw what could have been a break in the yamabond; not sure but could be. So i either try gasketless again or make a gasket from coke can. If i use coke can gasket do i need to use yamabond or can i do it dry? I remember modified mark speaking of this couple years ago.
Inspected the header block, couldnt see any cracks but an edge had chipped. When compared to the carb gasket it may have been leaking there. Went ahead and made new larger gasket that should cover it. Btw, have another header block but can see hairlinecrack from outside to the inside; would that cause lean condition if i used it?
Dont have pressure/vacuum tester which is why i havent tested it. Would have been a lot easier and more exact but i gotta use what i got or dont use what i dont got.
Other than this issue and wear marks this is a solid saw. Thanks for any thoughts and recommendations

One if the frankinolys i built resists tuning. Replaced seals. Still resists.
On the premise that its sucking air i took the jug off. So its either the gasketless joint between jug and case or its a leak between the carb header block and the jug.
When rebuilt i deleted gasket. Done that on several other saws with no problems. I saw what could have been a break in the yamabond; not sure but could be. So i either try gasketless again or make a gasket from coke can. If i use coke can gasket do i need to use yamabond or can i do it dry? I remember modified mark speaking of this couple years ago.
Inspected the header block, couldnt see any cracks but an edge had chipped. When compared to the carb gasket it may have been leaking there. Went ahead and made new larger gasket that should cover it. Btw, have another header block but can see hairlinecrack from outside to the inside; would that cause lean condition if i used it?
Dont have pressure/vacuum tester which is why i havent tested it. Would have been a lot easier and more exact but i gotta use what i got or dont use what i dont got.
Other than this issue and wear marks this is a solid saw. Thanks for any thoughts and recommendations

I would recommend using the Yamabond on both sides of a thin pop or beer can gasket, they just don`t have the squish area to seal up between roughly machined saw cases and the cylinder base.

I would recommend using the Yamabond on both sides of a thin pop or beer can gasket, they just don`t have the squish area to seal up between roughly machined saw cases and the cylinder base.

Hard to go wrong with Yamabond. I accidentally dropped a wad of it on a tile floor a few days ago and discovered it today. It was tough as nails. Had to scrape it off with a putty knife. When it's wet, it will squish down into nothing, but when it dries, it's an incredible sealant.

Latest posts

Back