fuel mix? homelite super xl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campazzada

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
does anybody know what the ratio is for a homelite super xl ?? I've seen 16:1 , 32:1 . all my stihls and huskys are 50:1 Thanks

Ours runs on 50:1 like every other 2 cycle around here.

Many hobbies nailed it. No need for glopping rich oil mixes, to get the same or better protection from modern 2 cycle oils.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I still run 32:1 in mine, even with the stihl or husq mix oils , and 92oct non-alky gas, alittle smoke don't hurt , but thats just me :D

I still run 32:1 in mine, even with the stihl or husq mix oils , and 92oct non-alky gas, alittle smoke don't hurt , but thats just me :D

LOL atleast you don't have to worry about the skeeters eat at you while running it.

But anyway i run 40:1 in mine when i had it before i sold it and it ran pretty good.

In fact, a little smoke do hurt. You might not notice it happening. That smoke contains some super-nasties. :eek2:

Nasties? don't use them in the house, better stay up wind, if you want saws to be green don't run them. I just run the ratio they called for in the day and keep them tuned right, there is a little smoke its just fine:laugh:

Cary

Nasties? don't use them in the house, better stay up wind, if you want saws to be green don't run them. I just run the ratio they called for in the day and keep them tuned right, there is a little smoke its just fine:laugh:

Cary

People who just don't care about the environment and air pollution are a minority here. Think about it. You just might screw things up for the rest of us.

They use to use leaded fuel too which im sure makes a heck of a difference , ...
I run what they tell me ....mixing it rich wanna complain about a LIL chain saw smoke lol
when there is billions of cars and thats not even in our countries..
If you feel strongly about pollution then i guess take the bus...
Dont eat cows or pigs ,, And so on and so on..

I Run em rich!

Last edited:
If you have a mosquito problem I recommend 5:1

[video=youtube;j3RbavOl43E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3RbavOl43E[/video]
:monkey:

Latest posts

Back