fuel mix? homelite super xl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dh1984

dh1984

Hard worker
I still run 32:1 in mine, even with the stihl or husq mix oils , and 92oct non-alky gas, alittle smoke don't hurt , but thats just me :D

LOL atleast you don't have to worry about the skeeters eat at you while running it.

But anyway i run 40:1 in mine when i had it before i sold it and it ran pretty good.

carym2a

carym2a

ArboristSite Guru
In fact, a little smoke do hurt. You might not notice it happening. That smoke contains some super-nasties. :eek2:

Nasties? don't use them in the house, better stay up wind, if you want saws to be green don't run them. I just run the ratio they called for in the day and keep them tuned right, there is a little smoke its just fine:laugh:

Cary

2dogs

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Nasties? don't use them in the house, better stay up wind, if you want saws to be green don't run them. I just run the ratio they called for in the day and keep them tuned right, there is a little smoke its just fine:laugh:

Cary

People who just don't care about the environment and air pollution are a minority here. Think about it. You just might screw things up for the rest of us.

sledrat

sledrat

ArboristSite Operative
They use to use leaded fuel too which im sure makes a heck of a difference , ...
I run what they tell me ....mixing it rich wanna complain about a LIL chain saw smoke lol
when there is billions of cars and thats not even in our countries..
If you feel strongly about pollution then i guess take the bus...
Dont eat cows or pigs ,, And so on and so on..

I Run em rich!

Last edited: