fuel problem???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewis16

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hello again, fairly new to the saw world and have seen a nice stihl 012av on fleabay but theres a slight prob
it starts, but when you open it up it die's
quote from owner, he is going to include a carb kit but i want to know how to fix this problem

hello again, fairly new to the saw world and have seen a nice stihl 012av on fleabay but theres a slight prob
quote from owner, he is going to include a carb kit but i want to know how to fix this problem

could be more than one issue but carb kit new fuel lines and filter

Can you post a link or item number of the auction so i can have a look at what its like.

That and an adjustment should get it going or lines... or or or....
EBAY is dangerous...

Found it,

Chance your arm its only 50 quid, could be something simple or it could be a whole host of problems. Its a good way to learn. If it is too much of a PITA to repair, part it out on Ebay and get your money back, You could even make a profit.

Possible blocked air filter, may need a carb tune, may have a blocked high speed fuel circuit, holed fuel line, crank seals may have gone causing weak mixture at WOT - need I go on - good way to learn unless you don't have a clue what you are doing or it costs you in parts.

If the 12 is like the 009 and 011 then you will have fun with the big end bearings if you take the jug off - the rollers all fall out if you are not careful.:dizzy:

Ebay saws can be a real time and money waster but fun if you are in to doing up saws - I am on my 10th saw so far:chainsaw:

Have learn't alot though

Spud

PS look forward to you asking for further help when you get it!!

i was thinking of new fuel lines diaphran filter and whack the carb kit on and then tune the carb, i can ask my big bro to get his company's mechanic to do the pita bits i wont be able to do

Latest posts

Back