Full skip or semi skip?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, like what if the crew is feeling sullen, and you can only get 5 minutes and 10 seconds worth of safety?

We girls run full skippy chains cuz that's what I got when I went in and said that I wanted what the chasers use. The saw shop guy, who is an hour from here--see the relevency, knew what to give me from that description.

Thread drift? I think not. It all came together.

Skip, skip skip to the loo...

I knew you were a girl. I mean woman. Female bodied logger?? But "girls" implies plural, so who's the other one? Please tell me it's not the polar bear pooping "guy"

Disclaimer: this post was a joke, no disrespect was intended towards Slowp, the female gender, Thomas1, polar bears, or poop

There are three of us that have run or run saws professionally. None of us are loggers or fallers but we want to be able to do our own work--opening up roads, cleaning up after logging, and firewood cutting. I know that two of us and I bet the third run skippy chain.

Now be careful!

I knew you were a girl. I mean woman. Female bodied logger?? But "girls" implies plural, so who's the other one? Please tell me it's not the polar bear pooping "guy"

Disclaimer: this post was a joke, no disrespect was intended towards Slowp, the female gender, Thomas1, polar bears, or poop

This seemed much funnier to me last night after a few beers. It added nothing to the discussion and I regret posting it. If Bob or the other Mods can make it disappear I'd be happy.
Jon

This seemed much funnier to me last night after a few beers. It added nothing to the discussion and I regret posting it. If Bob or the other Mods can make it disappear I'd be happy.
Jon

No way, Jon. Why deprive others the pleasure of reading it? Besides, it wasn't all that bad.

Tell ya what...if the person for whom the post was intended finds it offensive I'll take it down. But I'll bet she laughed right along with the rest of us.

Or, then again....maybe you're off the cookie list forever.

Last edited:
I want to go back to the oil question. Does skip chain use half as much oil?

Thanks.

Philbert

it uses more

the saws have a mechanical pump that runs off how fast the saw is revving ,more chain speed = more oil used ,a skip chain is usually used to increase chain speed or to run a longer bar on a lower cc power head

Last edited:
I have the oll set on the maximum setting, and the saws run fine. The oil goes at the same rate the gas goes.

I did combine two different colors of oil! :msp_ohmy:

you mixed the red with the gold :msp_ohmy:

Saw chain is very much like a hammer and it amazes me how many people that would not even blink about going to get the proper hammer out of their shop(ball peen,sledge,claw,framing,ect) will argue all day that one chain or the other is the best ! THERE is NO BEST it's the right tool for the job at hand and that can change at any time. Does this mean we need to carry a loop of each, No but just figure what work the best for your type of wood,size of saw,bar length,style of cutting and your convinence and likes. Each difference may or may not make a change or a compromise needed.Saw chain is a TOOL . Keep it sharp, chips not dust. KEN

There's different kinds of hammers? Who knew...

Yes there is, and some run full skippy and some run half skippy

attachment.php

(These use peanut oil by the way . . . )

Philbert

...Draggin this thread out of the woods again!! My 056 Super I just got running good...My new 36" bar should be here in a few days..........semi skip? I'm not in the tree care biz, just another saw to add to the collection.....I want to be as safe as possible with this......Probbaly only drag it out a few times a season....Thanks

Latest posts

Back