"Fully stocked" parts departments

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewspens

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am fixing up an 036 for a friend of mine. I need to come up with a new rim sprocket for it. When he bought the saw, it was set up with 3/8 bar and three chains. Old owner also threw in seven shorter .325 chains. We came up with a bar to fit (thank you Baileys clearance), but forgot to get a 325 rim. The other day I called a few local shops to locate one. That was an experience. One shop has them in stock and even asked what size spline I needed, I was not aware that Stihl used different sizes for that model. Only problem is that they are about 25 minutes from my office. Could make it there and back on my lunch hour, but no time to eat. I called two branches of a local, four branch company. They each took about five minutes to check their computer, and told me that they could order one in for me. Maybe I am asking too much, but shouldn't a servicing dealer have a basic item like a rim sprocket in stock? I guess I'll have to wait until I get the next Baileys order ready to call in.

I am fixing up an 036 for a friend of mine. I need to come up with a new rim sprocket for it. When he bought the saw, it was set up with 3/8 bar and three chains. Old owner also threw in seven shorter .325 chains. We came up with a bar to fit (thank you Baileys clearance), but forgot to get a 325 rim. The other day I called a few local shops to locate one. That was an experience. One shop has them in stock and even asked what size spline I needed, I was not aware that Stihl used different sizes for that model. Only problem is that they are about 25 minutes from my office. Could make it there and back on my lunch hour, but no time to eat. I called two branches of a local, four branch company. They each took about five minutes to check their computer, and told me that they could order one in for me. Maybe I am asking too much, but shouldn't a servicing dealer have a basic item like a rim sprocket in stock? I guess I'll have to wait until I get the next Baileys order ready to call in.

What's the difference in taking an extra 15 on your lunch hour and making a bunch of personal calls while at work?

Yes, two versions. Make sure you get the updated (2001?) version... with the same drum bearing as used on the 044.

What's the difference in taking an extra 15 on your lunch hour and making a bunch of personal calls while at work?

Nothing, apart from taking an extra 15 is more obvious. :)

Latest posts

Back