*** Fundraiser *** Pioneer/Partner P62

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blsnelling
I don't care one way or another, but it certainly is not standard procedure as far as raffles go, so everyone would have to agree, because I'm sure most assumed one ticket, one chance.

If the randomization procedure is used, then you don't have multiple drawings. In essence, all names are drawn and placed in order.

Makes sense to me to generate the list, and start down it, with each successive winner deciding which of the remaining prizes they want, and any repeats having the option to not take a second prize and let you move down the list.

This avoids a whole lot of deciding and debating.

No problem at all. I've not done a drawing before and sure don't want to ruffle any feathers. A lot of people and a lot of money is involved here.

Scooterbum

Scooterbum

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't care one way or another, but it certainly is not standard procedure as far as raffles go, so everyone would have to agree, because I'm sure most assumed one ticket, one chance.

If the randomization procedure is used, then you don't have multiple drawings. In essence, all names are drawn and placed in order.

Makes sense to me to generate the list, and start down it, with each successive winner deciding which of the remaining prizes they want, and any repeats having the option to not take a second prize and let you move down the list.

This avoids a whole lot of deciding and debating.
Agree, anything else would be opening a can of worms big time.

boda65

boda65

ArboristSite Guru
I agree with Boda, this is how we have done it up to now isn't every ticket a winner?

edit: don't worry about me though, just do what you all think is the most fair

Same here. I was just stating my opinion, I wouldn't piotch a biotch either way. Brad does have a point that the multiple chances would have an influence on winning the first time. Let's jus' git-R-done!!
:cheers: :popcorn:

Dan_IN_MN

Dan_IN_MN

Addicted to ArboristSite
I keep looking for the "like" button to hit just as Facebook has.......

When ever the out come gets posted is fine with me.

Oh wait........I need that P62 to cut wood! I don't have any other ones! :hmm3grin2orange: :biggrinbounce2:

Madsaw

Madsaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
gentlemen, im on my way to work.

got the old pc working and will draw names between 9-10pm no exceptions......BE HERE!!!!

Damn, I will make sure I am done squeezzing teats to be here by then. Be interesting to see a complete finally list of everything that is being drawnen on.
Bob

blsnelling
Arrowhead, in preparation for the drawing, let's get a complete list of the prizes and the order in which they will be drawn for. Or, do we let each winner pick their prize from what's not already been taken?

I'll be calling Fred when he gets home from work. I would get the info myself, but I'm not going to ask him for his PayPal password. He will finalize the list and send it to me. I'll then put that list in the spreadsheet. If you bought 1 ticket, your name will be on the sheet once. If you bought 30, it'll be on there 30 times. The random generator will then generate a number between 1 and n, with n being the total number of tickets. Each number corresponds to a name. I'll look up what name is beside that number, and there's your winner.

Now for the slightly complicated part. If there are 7 prizes, then we have the potential to have 7 different names. However, as discussed above, a person with multiple tickets may have their name come up again. Do we simply ask that person if they want the second prize, or if they want to pass it on to the next winner? If he takes the second prize, then the 7th number I drew would not receive a prize. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Scooterbum

Scooterbum

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just do it like any other raffle.

If someone wins multiple prizes then it's up to them to keep or donate the additional prizes for a second drawing or even better a second raffle.

Work Saw Collector

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker
Arrowhead, in preparation for the drawing, let's get a complete list of the prizes and the order in which they will be drawn for. Or, do we let each winner pick their prize from what's not already been taken?

I'll be calling Fred when he gets home from work. I would get the info myself, but I'm not going to ask him for his PayPal password. He will finalize the list and send it to me. I'll then put that list in the spreadsheet. If you bought 1 ticket, your name will be on the sheet once. If you bought 30, it'll be on there 30 times. The random generator will then generate a number between 1 and n, with n being the total number of tickets. Each number corresponds to a name. I'll look up what name is beside that number, and there's your winner.

Now for the slightly complicated part. If there are 7 prizes, then we have the potential to have 7 different names. However, as discussed above, a person with multiple tickets may have their name come up again. Do we simply ask that person if they want the second prize, or if they want to pass it on to the next winner? If he takes the second prize, then the 7th number I drew would not receive a prize. Is that correct?

Brad that all sounds good.

blsnelling
Just do it like any other raffle.

If someone wins multiple prizes then it's up to them to keep or donate the additional prizes for a second drawing or even better a second raffle.

I don't typically do raffles, so not real familiar with the rules. Thus the questions to make sure I do it right.

I still need to know if we let the winner choose the prize, or if I draw a name for a particular prize?

Scooterbum

Scooterbum

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't typically do raffles, so not real familiar with the rules. Thus the questions to make sure I do it right.

I still need to know if we let the winner choose the prize, or if I draw a name for a particular prize?

Put the prizes in order in which they were donated.That's as fair as it gets and simple.

mheim1

mheim1

Addicted to ArboristSite

The random generator could just create a random order from 1 to n.
1 would be the winner, 2 has first pick,...
If 4 and 6 are the same person, he/she could then decide to forefeit one and it would go to number 7.
And so on.
Makes sense?

Work Saw Collector

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker
arrowheadpioneer

If there is interest, and it'll bring donations up, I'm willing to put in this XL12 into the raffle. Its in really nice condition, I think it was put away for lack of spark. So it needs a new fuel line, and has a no spark condition.

attachment.php

I have several XL-12/SXL parts saws here. If Will adds this saw to the mix, I'll contribute my time and parts to get it tuned and running 100% if the winner would like.

I'll throw in an offer to supply him with any parts needed that I can get for him.

I am starting at page one this will take a while to find everything.

Last edited:
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

RARE BREED

Power is back on! So everybody knows, I PM'd Brad this morning about him possibly doing the spread sheet thing. It seemed simple, easy and fair to me. Hopefully we can all agree on some type of method. I do not know anymore information than you guys do. I do not have any list of names or how many times each person donated. I also do not have access to the paypal account either. Fred has all the info. It sounds like Brad is willing to help out. :yourock: I have no problems with Fred forwarding any info to Brad. As far as the prizes go, I said it earlier in the tread, the first name that comes up, gets their pick. Second gets their pick. Third gets their pick.... and so on. I think this seems like the best method. Any suggestions, comments or help would be appreciated. I would like to get this done. It sounds like Brad and Fred will get this done tonight. I do not have a list of prizes either. Between all the members here right now, lets see if we can get the list together.

Last edited:
Work Saw Collector

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker
arrowheadpioneer

If there is interest, and it'll bring donations up, I'm willing to put in this XL12 into the raffle. Its in really nice condition, I think it was put away for lack of spark. So it needs a new fuel line, and has a no spark condition.

attachment.php

I have several XL-12/SXL parts saws here. If Will adds this saw to the mix, I'll contribute my time and parts to get it tuned and running 100% if the winner would like.

I'll throw in an offer to supply him with any parts needed that I can get for him.

Cool looking saw.
If the winner want a used factory Muffler I can do that.

I'm gaining on it.

Latest posts