*** Fundraiser *** Pioneer/Partner P62

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last I checked, 2nd shift is 7-3. You'd get home at 11pm if you were working a double.

Chris B.

Ummm. I don't know how all places do it, but when it worked 2nd shift it was 3-11pm, first shift was 7-3, and 3rd was 11-7. That was many years ago (over40), and maybe it's changed. As was said, someone is always working, take Fred for example, as long as it gets done. I personally couldn't care less about the drawing, I just want the people for whom we are doing this to get the money, and I have no doubt that they will. Myself if I won the first prize, I was going to give it back, but Arrow said it was a rule to take it, and I am so prepared. JR

i think that is the "fairest" (and i hate that word!!) way. in the future, if we want to remove all entries when you have won a prize, then that is fine, but it needs to be specified up front.

I agree 100%! Once the computer generated winner idea was brought up, I had a brain fart. I meant to say once they win an item, that single winning ticket gets taken out.... not all of them. My mistake. :cheers:

I always considered 7-3 1st shift. :dunno:

Hmm... Makes more sense to me to consider 11/7 first shift as it falls at the very beginning of the calendar day. (Some old-timers say the very earliest midnight shifts used to start at.....midnight!) This was gradually pushed back to 11pm, then 10pm. I work at Mittal (Inland) and it has always 1st shift 11/7, 2nd 7/3, 3rd 3/11. Don't get me started on 12 hour shifts.

But this is all irrelevant to the topic at hand. I'll go back to reading.

Chris B.

Wow!!:jawdrop:

The more I thought about it after making the post... the opposite seems more fair.

So, I think your name should stay in, throughout the entire drawing. Say you bought 10 tickets, you win the first item. That ticket should be removed, leaving you with 9 tickets. Sound good with everybody??

That sounds like a good way to do the drawing. Those prizes sure do look nice. Please keep us posted when you give them the money, hopefully it will make an impact and bring their spirits up in these hard times.
Kevin

I don't want to get into a pissing match here, but...

gentlemen, im on my way to work.

got the old pc working and will draw names between 9-10pm no exceptions......BE HERE!!!!

Crap! I work swing shift 3pm-11pm (we call it shift #3 as it used to end the calendar day back when the shift was 4pm-midnight). Mids is #1 and Days is #2 for us. Anywho, I have a 1.5 hr commute (with changing out, walking to the pickup, etc) and won't be back on the computer until around 0100Hrs PST Thursday 01/06/11.

As for the 'multiple winner' thing..............well every raffle I've ever participated in (including 'professional' raffles put on by radio stations and such) had a person out of the game once they won something (and prizes were usualy awarded by 'choice', as in the first guy drawn gets the first choice.....and down the line). Ever hear the "employees of the station, their family members, and people that have won a prize from WKBS in the last 60 days are inelligible" type disclaimer in the radio station raffle announcements? If I was drawn again after winning something here, I'd feel like a total ass if I won again and took another prize. We're doing this for charity here..................why be greedy?

Yes I realize some folks donated large amounts of money here. Didn't they do that because they were more able to help the folks here in need? Having more tickets in the draw gives a larger chance of being drawn in the first place. That's the advantage. If you buy multiple lottery tickets, that gives you a greater chance of being drawn. If you buy 1000 lotto tickes and win the jackpot, the lotto folks don't let you keep your remaining 999 lotto tickets in the system for future draws...

I'm just one voice here, and I only kicked in for two tickets, because that's what I had to spare to help these folks. If I win the P62, you can bet that I will not take any more prizes if I happen to get drawn again. I would hope that other fellows here would do the same. Do I believe that we need to 'take out' the tickets of winners? No, as that'd be a pain in the ass. I do believe that folks here should have the strength of character to 'do the right thing' on their own and not take any more of the 'prizes' if they happen to get drawn again...

OK. Rant off. Headin' to the shower to get ready for work. Hope this drawing goes off without a hitch. I'll be back around 0100Hrs PST or shortly thereafter, God willing.....:cheers:

Actually if you bought 1000 lotto tickets you could win the jackpot and any other smaller prizes. 6 numbers right, 5 numbers right, ect..ect..many different combo's to win.
That's a different game though, I'm sure if the the first two names pulled were the same person. They would never hear the end of it if they took the P62 and JJ's husky. lol

Crap! I work swing shift 3pm-11pm (we call it shift #3 as it used to end the calendar day back when the shift was 4pm-midnight). Mids is #1 and Days is #2 for us. Anywho, I have a 1.5 hr commute (with changing out, walking to the pickup, etc) and won't be back on the computer until around 0100Hrs PST Thursday 01/06/11.

As for the 'multiple winner' thing..............well every raffle I've ever participated in (including 'professional' raffles put on by radio stations and such) had a person out of the game once they won something (and prizes were usualy awarded by 'choice', as in the first guy drawn gets the first choice.....and down the line). Ever hear the "employees of the station, their family members, and people that have won a prize from WKBS in the last 60 days are inelligible" type disclaimer in the radio station raffle announcements? If I was drawn again after winning something here, I'd feel like a total ass if I won again and took another prize. We're doing this for charity here..................why be greedy?

Yes I realize some folks donated large amounts of money here. Didn't they do that because they were more able to help the folks here in need? Having more tickets in the draw gives a larger chance of being drawn in the first place. That's the advantage. If you buy multiple lottery tickets, that gives you a greater chance of being drawn. If you buy 1000 lotto tickes and win the jackpot, the lotto folks don't let you keep your remaining 999 lotto tickets in the system for future draws...

I'm just one voice here, and I only kicked in for two tickets, because that's what I had to spare to help these folks. If I win the P62, you can bet that I will not take any more prizes if I happen to get drawn again. I would hope that other fellows here would do the same. Do I believe that we need to 'take out' the tickets of winners? No, as that'd be a pain in the ass. I do believe that folks here should have the strength of character to 'do the right thing' on their own and not take any more of the 'prizes' if they happen to get drawn again...

OK. Rant off. Headin' to the shower to get ready for work. Hope this drawing goes off without a hitch. I'll be back around 0100Hrs PST or shortly thereafter, God willing.....:cheers:

+1:agree2:

Actually if you bought 1000 lotto tickets you could win the jackpot and any other smaller prizes. 6 numbers right, 5 numbers right, ect..ect..many different combo's to win.
That's a different game though, I'm sure if the the first two names pulled were the same person. They would never hear the end of it if they took the P62 and JJ's husky. lol

That's what I am gonna do...I don't care if I never here the end of it...:hmm3grin2orange:

Just another part of the definition of CAD:cheers:

On the honest side of things...When I win first I am taking the p62...I've got a friend that would love to have that saw...;)

Alright...All kidding aside...Good luck to everyone involved...Everyone here is deserving...

Back