FYI - Northern Chainsaw Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob, thanks for the shipping code and ENCO heads up. I checked it out and the code works if you purchase >$50 in merchandise.

Just a word of warning about Enco... their shipping charges are outrageous if you don't qualify for the free shipping. I just bought six items, $35, shipped in a 4x6x8 box weighing less than 4 lbs and got charged 15 bucks for shipping. That's ridiculous. Worse than some of the charletains on eBay. I would have been better off buying the stuff locally.

Just a word of warning about Enco... their shipping charges are outrageous if you don't qualify for the free shipping. I just bought six items, $35, shipped in a 4x6x8 box weighing less than 4 lbs and got charged 15 bucks for shipping. That's ridiculous. Worse than some of the charletains on eBay. I would have been better off buying the stuff locally.

so, you ended up spending $50 anyway. :bang: :bang: :bang:

if you did this online, bummer. if you did this on the phone and the rep didn't coach you into spending the $15 on merchandise, I'd call and b!tch...

What happened to the SS shim and washer for the Northern? Has production stopped? Just curious as I had tried to get one sometime ago.

I think we need to get them to make a copy of a silvey pro sharp-its the most over priced grinder on the market but is the ultimate for grinding sq chisel-you think if 800,000 people called and asked we could get them to do it ??? :laugh:

A stupid question but I have to ask: Will this thing do square ground chain?

yes it will - but then it will be round ground semi chisel - we need to get northern to make a copy of a square chisel chain grinder like the silvey pro sharp to grind our sq chains-

Back