Gas company

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschoff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I get home from work and I check my e-mail and I got a bill from my propane company for rent on there tank 164.00 what kind of stuff is that, maybe they don't like when the shoe is on the other foot.I only have used about 25% of my tank this year. I have about 40% left in the tank so maybe I will shut my OWB down and use the rest up and tell them to change tanks to a smaller one or maybe this summer I can try to buy my own tank what do you guys think ?all I can say is man I love my owb.

I've been reading a lot about that here...When my propane co. starts that,I'll just have them come and get it.

Any idea what a tank will cost the one I got is 500 gall .

Usually a good tank will cost around a $1 a gal. Be sure it is up to date and ready. Getting it inspected and up to date may cost more than what you pay for an old tank!

A lot of gas companies here do that too. IF you do not burn a certain amount of gas, then they charge rent on the tank. They also do not like filling your personal tank. They will look for any little thing they can find to get out of it. SO you may want to talk with them before you purchase something they won’t fill.
That’s the whole reason I quit using gas.
Tom

I bought my 500 gal. tank about four years ago and if memory serves me right I think I paid about $700.00 for it. I bought it from Big 3 Propane Company and they gave me a discount on all of the gas that I bought for one year. I would recommend anyone who uses small amounts of propane to go this route. If it's your tank you can switch dealers if you don't like the service that you're getting.

Here in Kali they charge $65 a year for the tank rental and maint. If the regulator goes bad, they fix it for free (happened 3 times in 22 years) 2 years ago I refused to pay the rental until they gave us a new tank or re-painted the old rusty one. They sent a kid out who spent most of the day sanding and repainting the tank. I know I have paid several times over for the tank but its worry free so worth it to me. I heat the house mostly with the wood burning stove, but my teenage daughter takes 30 minute showers everyday thats where most of the propane goes. Last delivery of 125 gallons was $340. No one has OWB's here.

Any idea what a tank will cost the one I got is 500 gall .

I bought mine last fall from a local mom and pop dealer.

Mine cost $750 with the regulator and they filled it for about $.20 less per gallon than any other dealer offered.

I used about 100 gallons while wasting time screwing with Shaver until the middle of November. Since then, I've used about another 125 gallons for cooking, DHW (instant-on heater), and backup for the OWB for the times when it didn't keep up to temp for whatever reason.

I'll probably have them come out this summer and top it back off again and that will probably last me two or three years if I keep up with the fire-breathing dragon.

Steve

used tank

I also bought a used tank last year. $700 with regulator on tank and regulator attached to my house.Prices on gas from area propane dealers can vary to almost a dollar a gallon, depending on the amount you get and the particular dealer. The highest priced in my area are from the national chains, Ferrellgas and Amerigas.Everyone up here knocks of a little per gallon if you own your tank. -ken

I heat the house mostly with the wood burning stove, but my teenage daughter takes 30 minute showers everyday thats where most of the propane goes..

Mine does that.....I turn on hot water then cold after 15 minutes. HEHEHhheehe

Latest posts

Back