GB Group Buy.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got one that fits a Jonsered. Noooooooooo. LOL

I was thinking that. We have a vendor we use called RBI Corporation. They are a huge Oregon supplier. I can get any bar for any saw made and yes I can beat any price anyone can come up with. Thing is I'm not. In four years I've yet to order one bar from them for a J'red or Husky or any other make. Just no demand around here.

Scott your missing the point. Somethings are a well known fact and posting actual costs is one of them, you simply don't do that. I know you may have meant the best of intentions and thats great but in doing so you committed a business sin, posting actual costs. As for me I'm not into GB at all, I sell Stihl 100% so don't worry that I'm gonna call anyone cause I'm not. I'm just trying to point out the mistake you made, thats all.

As for shipping I can ship a 15 lb chainsaw for 11.00 anywhere in the country. I don't understand that 10.00 to 15.00 on a mere bar.

Well, I use Fed Ex exclusively. and I just sent a batch of 5 bars to a buiseness in CA and it cost me $15. Residential is always more. Who are you using for your carrier? I would consider using them.
And if I tell people I will sell the bars at my cost...how am I supposed to tell people how much they cost with out disclosing the secret price? Also other dealers pay differant prices. They would be able to sell at my cost and still make a huge profit if they buy $15,000 worth of bars a year.
I am at a standard dealer level. Just trying to use a little quantity power to get future pricing breaks on regularly priced items.
Guys, I will run through this thread and this will be over in a week. Please do not trash the thread with fights and the like. I totally understand what has gotten everyones panties in a bunch and will be a more considerate compassionate capitalist in the future.

With Great Esteem,
Scott.

Well, I use Fed Ex exclusively. and I just sent a batch of 5 bars to a buiseness in CA and it cost me $15. Residential is always more. Who are you using for your carrier? I would consider using them.
And if I tell people I will sell the bars at my cost...how am I supposed to tell people how much they cost with out disclosing the secret price? Also other dealers pay differant prices. They would be able to sell at my cost and still make a huge profit if they buy $15,000 worth of bars a year.
I am at a standard dealer level. Just trying to use a little quantity power to get future pricing breaks on regularly priced items.
Guys, I will run through this thread and this will be over in a week. Please do not trash the thread with fights and the like. I totally understand what has gotten everyones panties in a bunch and will be a more considerate compassionate capitalist in the future.

With Great Esteem,
Scott.

Fed Ex must be much higher than UPS. Scott don't get me wrong, you can sell whatever you want at cost, why you would is beyond me. Working for nothng is kinda silly if you ask me. The thing I'm trying to point out to you is you posted actual costs for thousands of members and viewers alike to see. Some of these veiwers may well be CuttinScotts customers. Would you like to face your customers and have to explain to them you have to make a profit to stay in business because they found out how much money you made on a bar you sold them. Your putting these other dealers on the spot. You may work for nothing, thats your choice but don't make the others that won't follow you. Its that simple.

It's a Mo Jo / Wojo Party

With Great Esteem,
Scott.

trash It ????

Heck were Going to camp out here and have a party.
attachment.php

the Grill going. Now wheres my girls.

trash It ????

attachment.php

I think 441 is hoarding 'em for another avatar shoot.....................

I guess your right. I feel Horrible.
I hope those guys would forgive me.
I guess most people do not realize that companys sell stuff to make a profit.
We will endure this horrible capitalistic disaster. Bigger mistakes have been made in the buiseness world.
I wonder what Bill Gates would tell me to do?
Did you know that Ben Franklin refused to take out a patent on his Franklin Stove? He felt it was for the betterment of humanity. He never made a penny on his design. And yet most of us benifit in some way from all his work. I would like to do something like that.
But he did make indirect profit from developing literate people with Librarys, and his eyeglasses.
He sold Newspapers dont ya know.

With Great Esteem,
Scott.

No no no no no no no... don't do that! This AS site just LOVES to get all riled up about nothing, with screaming and yelling and ranting and raving with arms waving and posts flaming. Then it leads to posturing, mis-reading, counter posts with support for or disdain over an opinion or certain posting practice, infractions being handed out, mods posting about changes to the site, entire threads being edited or completely wiped out, people stomping off and leaving AS, more flame wars, then warnings about lawsuits being filed, congressional hearings, divorce filings, bankruptcy, financial collapse and ruin.

Please consider posting more... as Manual says, he is just getting the BBQ going and the weenies on the grill. I'd also give you more rep points, but I am shooting blanks. Overall I am in favor of your attempt here to do something that you felt was a good idea. I do not understand the flap that others have handed you in reaction, but what the heck. I have had my own flame wars on AS (several of which have been completely deleted) and I went into self-imposed AS exhile after receiving infraction points from the mods. :clap:

Pass the mustard this way, will you Manual?

trash It ????

attachment.php

Well, maybe we can get Borat to bring some of his 'girlfriends' over, with a few Kazakhstani knock-off chainsaws.

Good smiley BBQ BTW. Where is the smiley kegger to go with it?

I guess your right. I feel Horrible.
I hope those guys would forgive me.
I guess most people do not realize that companys sell stuff to make a profit.
We will endure this horrible capitalistic disaster. Bigger mistakes have been made in the buiseness world.
I wonder what Bill Gates would tell me to do?
Did you know that Ben Franklin refused to take out a patent on his Franklin Stove? He felt it was for the betterment of humanity. He never made a penny on his design. And yet most of us benifit in some way from all his work. I would like to do something like that.
But he did make indirect profit from developing literate people with Librarys, and his eyeglasses.
He sold Newspapers dont ya know.

Now your being a smart azz and thats all fine and well. You proceed with your idea and go for it. Its a durn shame GB doesn't feel the way you do. Wonder if they would sell you those bars at their actual cost so you could sell them at your cost as well. Why don't you ask them to do that so your customers could really get a deal. Ask them too if they will tell you exactly what those bars cost them. I'd lay money you won't get a answer other than are you crazy. Scott get mad, glad or sad, you screwed up posting actual costs, its a business sin. However I hope you sell tons of those bars, best of luck to ya but after all that work for nothing you wind up right where you started, with nothing. Just doesn't make any sense to me though I realize you got big ideas for down the road. Go for it, maybe it will work out like your planning, if so great.

No no no no no no no... don't do that! This AS site just LOVES to get all riled up about nothing, with screaming and yelling and ranting and raving with arms waving and posts flaming. Then it leads to posturing, mis-reading, counter posts with support for or disdain over an opinion or certain posting practice, infractions being handed out, mods posting about changes to the site, entire threads being edited or completely wiped out, people stomping off and leaving AS, more flame wars, then warnings about lawsuits being filed, congressional hearings, divorce filings, bankruptcy, financial collapse and ruin.

Please consider posting more... as Manual says, he is just getting the BBQ going and the weenies on the grill. I'd also give you more rep points, but I am shooting blanks. Overall I am in favor of your attempt here to do something that you felt was a good idea. I do not understand the flap that others have handed you in reaction, but what the heck. I have had my own flame wars on AS (several of which have been completely deleted) and I went into self-imposed AS exhile after receiving infraction points from the mods. :clap:

Pass the mustard this way, will you Manual?

I'll pas ya the mustard,
Yep things are going to get woke up around here.
Wojo's trying to do something good.

Now ya all take a step back.
attachment.php

And fill out your orders.

well I'll get them back here for tonight's chin dig.

Maybe we can get Cut4fun to do some saw races with GB bars.

You mean I can gain .0000000000000000000000000000000001 of a second using a GB bar, we'll kiss my grits, I didn't know that. I'll be durn. Scott send me 30 GB bars, then I'll gain .00000000000000000000030 of a second,LOL

I'll pas ya the mustard,
Yep things are going to get woke up around here.
Wojo's trying to do something good.

Now ya all take a step back.
attachment.php

And fill out your orders.

I think Scott means well too. Durn shame you buzzards are gonna take him for a ride and save a few bucks. When he comes up to snuff and tries to make some money on his bars your suckers won't buy from him anymore cause you know how much he's making on a bar, shame on ya. I'm raising prices on bars first thing Tuesday morning to make up for you tight suckers,LOL

Last edited:
You mean I can gain .0000000000000000000000000000000001 of a second using a GB bar, we'll kiss my grits, I didn't know that. I'll be durn. Scott send me 30 GB bars, then I'll gain .00000000000000000000030 of a second,LOL

Yep and your going to loose .1/10% of sales this week due to this sale going on around here.

Just because you don't have any bars for Jonsered. LOL

Now your being a smart azz and thats all fine and well. You proceed with your idea and go for it. Its a durn shame GB doesn't feel the way you do. Wonder if they would sell you those bars at their actual cost so you could sell them at your cost as well. Why don't you ask them to do that so your customers could really get a deal. Ask them too if they will tell you exactly what those bars cost them. I'd lay money you won't get a answer other than are you crazy. Scott get mad, glad or sad, you screwed up posting actual costs, its a business sin. However I hope you sell tons of those bars, best of luck to ya but after all that work for nothing you wind up right where you started, with nothing. Just doesn't make any sense to me though I realize you got big ideas for down the road. Go for it, maybe it will work out like your planning, if so great.

Thanks for your Support. I was being serious.
I will ask GB, but I doubt they work with me as they have just been bought out by a parent company. They got new computers and everything. Bill Gates again.

Just thought of something, Did you all know that I sell modified mufflers? I forgot all about that.

LoL,
Scott.

Yep and your going to loose .1/10% of sales this week due to this sale going on around here.

Just because you don't have any bars for Jonsered. LOL

Thats ok, I'm up 14% for the year without J'red or Husky,hehe In fact were doing better than all other dealers in our area. See it pays to stick with one brand, the King,LOL

Back