Getting a Job with ACRT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Bowler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been applying for jobs with ACRT.
I am denied everytime. I have been in tree care 30+ years.
I have sales and customer service skills that I believe are solid.
These are entry level jobs, and there are plenty of them.
Why do you think they do not ever consider me for a position?
I am a CA, CTW, and ironically an ACRT Certified Line Clearance Tree Trimmer.

ACRT (stands for Appraisal, Consulting, Research, Training) is a consulting company mainly to the utility companies. Does some job training also. Worked for them when they first started the company in 84 or 85. Used to hire alot of just graduated kids for the line clearance survey work. Probably alot different now though.

That tattoo on your forehead can't be helping your cause... ever think of having it removed?
:)

Seriously though...
what is your resume looking like... have you been self employed for a while? they may think your coming in to steal their trade secrets..

Getting a job with ACRTinc

I was doing tree work for 20 years ,been with ACRTinc last 12 but as an Instructor for the Job Corps program (Urban Tree Workers program). Best job I have ever had just love it. No telling why you have been overlooked. You seem to have all the Certs.??

I was doing tree work for 20 years ,been with ACRTinc last 12 but as an Instructor for the Job Corps program (Urban Tree Workers program). Best job I have ever had just love it. No telling why you have been overlooked. You seem to have all the Certs.??

Thanks for all the help everyone.
I have attempted to contact a "real person" at ACRT to ask what I am lacking in order to be considered.
From my experience, no such person exists at ACRT.
If you have a contact person that you would not mind sharing, maybe then I could find out why I am not ever considered and re-applly
I will let you all know what happens.
PS I have been with the same employer for 23 years. I do cousulting also.
SB

Follow up today...
I contacted ACRT this evening. I sent an email to [email protected]
Three times, to make sure I have the right address.
The ACRT website is lacking.
I was able to connect to ACRT Facilities/Maintenance Dept. in Ohio and I was assured by David he would let his supervisor know. I guess all the web traffic is being routed to Dave and his Supervisor.
Nevertheless I thouht it might be interesting to share this process with my "Bro's" at Arboristsite.com and see where this goes

Maybe you should reconsider this.
Jeff :)

Could you remove yours too?

You have to admit it is funny.
I am serious about getting on with ACRT.
I do meet and exceed all requirements.
I am very frustrated to be passed over by a softwear program, or MBA /HR person who have little(Real World) and no experience to evaluate a viable candidate.

You have been with the same employer for 23 years? Why is ACRT so near and dear - you even said you are looking for an entry level job? What is wrong with where you are?

If I were hiring entry level jobs and received your resume, I'd wonder why somebody with 30 years of experience wants an entry level job.

You have to admit it is funny.
I am serious about getting on with ACRT.
I do meet and exceed all requirements.
I am very frustrated to be passed over by a softwear program, or MBA /HR person who have little(Real World) and no experience to evaluate a viable candidate.

Sorry Shaun, I wasn't being disrespectful.
I did not know this meant so much to you.
Jeff

You have been with the same employer for 23 years? Why is ACRT so near and dear - you even said you are looking for an entry level job? What is wrong with where you are?

If I were hiring entry level jobs and received your resume, I'd wonder why somebody with 30 years of experience wants an entry level job.
I started doing Logging at 17 years yong in 1976.
I have owned and operarted a tree service in the SF Bay Area that i bought with the money I saved. That business was a lesson in life, blood sweat and tear.
So now we are up to 1990.
Add twenty three years, (three shoulder surgeries-two right, one left one knee, and hip re-surfacing) now I am 53years old. I still work out every day,climb every day and love what I do.
Thank you for asking you ####ing Douch Bag.
With Love,
SB

I went through ACRT's web site yesterday and attempted to connect with anyone regarding HR.
The email and phone numbers are no longer valid. The only email address I could connect with was the sales department. I asked them to forward my request to the person best to respond.
I have a history with ACRT going back at least 10 years.
I fought for years for our "Muni Tree Crew" to be trained in line clearance safety, recognition, and CPR.
At the time our management was 100% against it. I met with them over and over regarding their lack of compliance, and just the simple truth that it would be a good thing to have.
Lois Tennant@ACRT helped me present a case that could not be refuted, and we eventually prevailed. Lois has been the best representitive at ACRT I have ever done business with and knows the industry inside and out.
My point is, her interaction with me got me interested in working at ACRT.
I believe that Lois Tennant-ACRT, and her safety training- verifiction program, has made my employees, property owners, and overall liability/risk management the City has be concerned with a better place for all of us.

Latest posts

Back