Going to look at a truck tomorrow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you put a dump on it.. It will make a handy truck. Make sure whoever engineers the dump, that it will go steep enough to dump anything you put in it.. Now is the time to buy that 1500 dollar grain truck. for the hoist.

That truck would fetch big dollars up here.

So far, the best retail deal I've seen is an F550, crew cab, 4x4, 10'flatbed, diesel, $14.500.

Crew cab is important for stuff , kids, it has to double as the sunday family truck.
4x4 for those decline deliveries
diesel for, well, duh.
pto dump...flatbed okay as long as it pto dumps...the truck has to pto dump.
Would rather have 12'bed, as long as it pto dumps.

F450 is just about as good, as long as it pto dumps.

Last edited:
That truck would fetch big dollars up here.

So far, the best retail deal I've seen is an F550, crew cab, 4x4, 10'flatbed, diesel, $14.500.

Crew cab is important for stuff , kids, it has to double as the sunday family truck.
4x4 for those decline deliveries
diesel for, well, duh.
pto dump...flatbed okay as long as it pto dumps...the truck has to pto dump.
Would rather have 12'bed, as long as it pto dumps.

F450 is just about as good, as long as it pto dumps.

So just so I understand you . . .as long as it pto dumps :cheers:

Went and got the truck today. I drove it home from KC. It got 12.65 mpg with the cruise set on 60mph. The 02 dodge diesel following me got almost 23mpg at the same. I know gearing and the trucks weight are different but damn that power stroke likes the fuel. I get 13 pulling the dump trailer with 8 ranks of wood in it with the dodge. Oh well at least when it's being driven I hope to be making money with it. I'll get some pics of it in the next day or so.

Scott

What would you guys pay for a 88' F-350 with 68000 miles, 9' plow and a dump. I don't think I would pay much more than 2500 cause of the age and the rust problems up here. Hes asking 3500.

Nice buy STL! It is hardly broke in yet.

F450/550 have alot unloaded weight, I know a 08/09's getting less mpg.

I would say a gear vendor over/under might work, but they are costly.

Back