Good Deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hack said:
That's a bautiful piece of machinery, but 18 pounds?! Without bar and chain?! Yowza.

Better start lifting weights and toughen up :biggrinbounce2:

Somebody on here has a great signature - goes something like "The faster she guts, the sooner you can put her down." Oh so true!

Well................ I ran it to $470, wont pay more than that for a saw I know nothing about!!!!
Andy

I actually was gonna bid $525, but then I held back and only bid $452 which got rejected immediately. Whoever got it got a good deal, but I absolutely have no need for such a machine and it would've been just complete and total gluttony on my part. Oh well. Another toy that I really don't have a use for . . . but man that could've been fun! :D

I ran it up several times, that was my limit, $485 was half, it might have been worth that, but I set my limit there.

I don't really need a saw of that size, I do need something of the 460 size, but have learned to buy a little bigger just because, so I am looking for something in the 660 class.
If I could have gotten it for half price game on, but I am leary of parts and dealers in the future, which is why I like my Huskies and Stihls, so no big loss to me.
Andy

I took the gamble and bought one off eBay and got it cheap. I figured what the heck and took the chance. I sent it to Dave Neiger whom has, not a little, past experience with Dolmar saws. While I don't have the saw back as of yet he reports it is an "extremely well built example" and should "generate a whole lot of horse power" according to him. I can hardly wait to find out first hand when he returns the saw. I'll keep you all posted, if you are interested.

BIGBORE577 said:
I'll keep you all posted, if you are interested.
Please do.

Realistically, I'll probably top out with a 7900 down the road (the possibility of this rises exponentially the more I hand 'round you guys). There's over a 4 pound difference between the 9010 and the 7900 so that's real for me - me being a wimp and all. LOL!

:greenchainsaw:

Hack,
I'm in a far N.W. suburb of Chicago. How about you? If your close enough maybe you can run my 9010 just to see if you like it!:D

DUDE! I'm in! I need some excitement in my life!

Besides, maybe one of yous can show me how to use a chainsaw for crying out loud!

I just brought home my very first chainsaw just two weeks ago (why did I ever find this place?!?). It's a brand spankin' new 5100S! If BloomingtonMike never pointed me here, I woulda ended up with an Echo 346 and woulda been ignorantly happier than a pig in mud.

Edit - Dagnabit! If I knew there was another AS member so close to me, I woulda jumped all over that 9010! Doh!

Not to worry, that's the fourth or fifth 9010 that's gone it that price range. Perhaps there will be others before they become "trendy"!:dizzy:

Back