Good log haul part2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good MM. :clap: They look like softwoods - I can't think of any other way of getting that much wood onto that pickup.
Let's see the sawdust fly!

[Added later]
Doh, should have read part 1 before part 2, then I wouldn't have needed to make the dumb comment about the softwoods.

Anyway, good score MM.

Last edited:
Looking good MM. :clap: They look like softwoods - I can't think of any other way of getting that much wood onto that pickup.
Let's see the sawdust fly!

[Added later]
Doh, should have read part 1 before part 2, then I wouldn't have needed to make the dumb comment about the softwoods.

Anyway, good score MM.

All good mate , had a good laugh . They are quite dense for pine logs , janka hardness of about 8 . Cheers MM

Damn, MM your "truck load o wood" puts some rednecks to shame:cheers:

you really need a trailer......................:greenchainsaw:

RD

So how did you get those big logs on to the truck? I know that ain't sticks on a Matchbox Car.

So how did you get those big logs on to the truck? I know that ain't sticks on a Matchbox Car.
We used marty's tractor , I normally use my ute crane , but the tractor is way faster and easier

You are deffinitly making me feel guilty for having a 3/4 TN Dodge ram Diesel. But I was still maxing that out by pulling 16000 lb with the trailer and load combined. Here is one of my hauling pictures.
Looks like a flash ute and trailer , but the picture is not to good very hard to see what was on the trailer , do ya have any better pics?

We used marty's tractor , I normally use my ute crane , but the tractor is way faster and easier

Looks like a flash ute and trailer , but the picture is not to good very hard to see what was on the trailer , do ya have any better pics?

Yeah the flash on the camera caught the reflector strip. Here is another picture of a friend of mine pulling some logs up with the winch. I love that trailer. I can haul my 8,000 lb Hyster forklift (wieghs 11,000 lbs) or pull logs up on it or bring lumber home from the mill. I have even used the winch to pull a 32" walnut tree over the right direction as it was cut. It was leaning the wrong direction and I pulled it as my friend cut it and it worked pretty good.

Here ya go

colours are a bit false/harsh but easier to see what's happening

attachment.php

Really nice set up BTW.

Yeah the flash on the camera caught the reflector strip. Here is another picture of a friend of mine pulling some logs up with the winch. I love that trailer. I can haul my 8,000 lb Hyster forklift (wieghs 11,000 lbs) or pull logs up on it or bring lumber home from the mill. I have even used the winch to pull a 32" walnut tree over the right direction as it was cut. It was leaning the wrong direction and I pulled it as my friend cut it and it worked pretty good.
That is one solid looking trailer you have , good for log loading to , gee I could have some fun with that trailer . Cheers MM

Very good bob , da I just realised what was going on , thats much better , yeah its a good setup eh . Cheers MM

Nice stack of logs mate! I used to work my little trucks like that one a nissan and one a toyota. Now I drive a bigger one with a diesel and pull a trailer too. Very nice load indeed :cheers:

Back