Good log haul part2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
. AS Supporting Member.
Looking good MM. :clap: They look like softwoods - I can't think of any other way of getting that much wood onto that pickup.
Let's see the sawdust fly!

[Added later]
Doh, should have read part 1 before part 2, then I wouldn't have needed to make the dumb comment about the softwoods.

Anyway, good score MM.

Last edited:
Matildasmate

Matildasmate

ArboristSite Operative
Looking good MM. :clap: They look like softwoods - I can't think of any other way of getting that much wood onto that pickup.
Let's see the sawdust fly!

[Added later]
Doh, should have read part 1 before part 2, then I wouldn't have needed to make the dumb comment about the softwoods.

Anyway, good score MM.

All good mate , had a good laugh . They are quite dense for pine logs , janka hardness of about 8 . Cheers MM

MotorSeven

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
Damn, MM your "truck load o wood" puts some rednecks to shame:cheers:

you really need a trailer......................:greenchainsaw:

RD

Matildasmate

Matildasmate

ArboristSite Operative
So how did you get those big logs on to the truck? I know that ain't sticks on a Matchbox Car.
We used marty's tractor , I normally use my ute crane , but the tractor is way faster and easier

You are deffinitly making me feel guilty for having a 3/4 TN Dodge ram Diesel. But I was still maxing that out by pulling 16000 lb with the trailer and load combined. Here is one of my hauling pictures.
Looks like a flash ute and trailer , but the picture is not to good very hard to see what was on the trailer , do ya have any better pics?

Can8ianTimber

Can8ianTimber

ArboristSite Operative
We used marty's tractor , I normally use my ute crane , but the tractor is way faster and easier

Looks like a flash ute and trailer , but the picture is not to good very hard to see what was on the trailer , do ya have any better pics?

Yeah the flash on the camera caught the reflector strip. Here is another picture of a friend of mine pulling some logs up with the winch. I love that trailer. I can haul my 8,000 lb Hyster forklift (wieghs 11,000 lbs) or pull logs up on it or bring lumber home from the mill. I have even used the winch to pull a 32" walnut tree over the right direction as it was cut. It was leaning the wrong direction and I pulled it as my friend cut it and it worked pretty good.

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
. AS Supporting Member.
Here ya go

colours are a bit false/harsh but easier to see what's happening

attachment.php

Really nice set up BTW.

Matildasmate

Matildasmate

ArboristSite Operative
Yeah the flash on the camera caught the reflector strip. Here is another picture of a friend of mine pulling some logs up with the winch. I love that trailer. I can haul my 8,000 lb Hyster forklift (wieghs 11,000 lbs) or pull logs up on it or bring lumber home from the mill. I have even used the winch to pull a 32" walnut tree over the right direction as it was cut. It was leaning the wrong direction and I pulled it as my friend cut it and it worked pretty good.
That is one solid looking trailer you have , good for log loading to , gee I could have some fun with that trailer . Cheers MM