Good Night

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd post more but I'm a machinst and I mainly glean tech info. I make a lot of washers for the NH grinders, but their aren't many metal or metal working questions here.
Rob

Well Rob, here is a metal working question of sorts. How thick are the washers that you are making for the NH grinder? I made one the other day at work, but I wasn't really sure how thick to make it, so I parted mine off at .060". I also didn't have any stainless laying around, but since I work as a machinist at an aluminum die cast plant, I did have access to a old wore out plunger tip which are made out of beryllium copper, good stuff.

Well Rob, here is a metal working question of sorts. How thick are the washers that you are making for the NH grinder? I made one the other day at work, but I wasn't really sure how thick to make it, so I parted mine off at .060". I also didn't have any stainless laying around, but since I work as a machinist at an aluminum die cast plant, I did have access to a old wore out plunger tip which are made out of beryllium copper, good stuff.

3.535 OD, 3.140 ID, .025 thick. break all corners. We use a lot of stainless, so I got some 416 because it machines so well. Since you machine away 97%, you hate to pay for it.

Yeah, we need some vids of those anvil wrecking ,tack hammer wielding menaces to society.

You can't see stuff like that on the you tube, Mr.

I've got a metal question for you here. Is this corrosion or a casting flaw? This is a NOS 084 case. I have no idea how old it may be.
242981150-M.jpg

Latest posts

Back