Good Night

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poley4

Poley4

ArboristSite Guru
I'd post more but I'm a machinst and I mainly glean tech info. I make a lot of washers for the NH grinders, but their aren't many metal or metal working questions here.
Rob

Well Rob, here is a metal working question of sorts. How thick are the washers that you are making for the NH grinder? I made one the other day at work, but I wasn't really sure how thick to make it, so I parted mine off at .060". I also didn't have any stainless laying around, but since I work as a machinist at an aluminum die cast plant, I did have access to a old wore out plunger tip which are made out of beryllium copper, good stuff.

Stihl 041S
Well Rob, here is a metal working question of sorts. How thick are the washers that you are making for the NH grinder? I made one the other day at work, but I wasn't really sure how thick to make it, so I parted mine off at .060". I also didn't have any stainless laying around, but since I work as a machinist at an aluminum die cast plant, I did have access to a old wore out plunger tip which are made out of beryllium copper, good stuff.

3.535 OD, 3.140 ID, .025 thick. break all corners. We use a lot of stainless, so I got some 416 because it machines so well. Since you machine away 97%, you hate to pay for it.

blsnelling
I've got a metal question for you here. Is this corrosion or a casting flaw? This is a NOS 084 case. I have no idea how old it may be.
242981150-M.jpg

Latest posts