Good tree fellin' story here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fun_chopper

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yesterday I noted that a contractor (will not mention name) was clearing some dead fur trees from the AFB. I went over and started talking to the foreman, and asked if I could have the wood. While this was going on one of his monkey workers cut a notch in a 18" diameter tree about 70% thru the trunk and about 12-15" in height on the outside. And crooked! I told the foreman that he should stop this guy before he kills someone, and he replied "why" I said "watch". Monkey boy goes in for the back cut about 4" below the huge crooked notch, the tree strats coming back at him, he drops the saw and runs, and the tree falls backward smashing the saw, and the foremans truck. I offered my critique of this botched felling job, and offered to subcontract my services felling the rest of the trees. I am not cutting trees for these guys, but this can serve as a safety lesson for everyone!
-Matt

Thats just wild, hope that guy got fired if he smashed his foreman's truck. anyone THAT dumb shoudnt be allowed to even touch a butter knife.

Fur trees

Coffee didnt kick in yet! rmihalek :D

Yes Glens, it is gave the foreman $20 cash for it! Suprisingly the case is not cracked, everything else is though.

and I agree oldsaw addict!

Originally posted by oldsaw-addict
Thats just wild, hope that guy got fired if he smashed his foreman's truck. anyone THAT dumb shoudnt be allowed to even touch a butter knife.

IMO the contractor should also fire himself for not supervising his crew. He was there, had to see what was happening.

Harry K

Ever hear Jeff Foxworthy's story about having a bad job, that sounds just like it!

Latest posts

Back