goofiest saw gimmicks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you qualify that statement a bit. I can't, or at least don't, drop start the 088 when the 42" bar or longer is on there. I thought I knew my limitations.:dizzy:

It's not that hard if you know how. You just have to have a log near by to rest the tip of the bar on and roll it asit fires off. I learned how to do it when we cut cedar shake bolts using an 075 with a 60" bar.

It's not that hard if you know how. You just have to have a log near by to rest the tip of the bar on and roll it asit fires off. I learned how to do it when we cut cedar shake bolts using an 075 with a 60" bar.

Ive drop started a 395XP with a big milling bar once...:) Dont recall the exact length, but it fit in the back of a Short Bed pickup with a little room to spare...

Set the chain brake, set the decomp, pull the choke, turn it on...hold the handle with your left arm, hold the whole thing up about stomach, low chest level, pull the rope while rapidly "throwing" down the saw...

Back