Got a line on Super xl XL-925 Cylinders and pistons new

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, glitter. The telltale sign of a wonderfully middle class strip joint. Makes me long for the days of the 20 dollar ATM surcharge. LOL

I wonder if this is our Calvin coming to the realization he should be selling rather than buying? Taken from the Winston-Salem Craigslist and posted last night at 10:41.

Bunch of Homelite Chainsaws for sale - $350 (eastern nc )

Have tons of Parts saws Homelite mainly older style of Homelite Super xl ao XL 12 Super EZ and much more total almost about 30 saws will take $ 350.00 for the whole lot contact Calvin at 252-515-2747 thank you
yep, it's him, the area code is from his area...

No Bill G lives on the west side of IL...Modifiedmark in the neck of woods you are talking about, but I am guessing he is not going to step up to that table...LOL

5 hrs north of Louisville would be about a hour south of me. I could maybe pick that stuff up for someone if they made a deal for it. For maybe some gas and a pick or two from that pile. ( I have no SXL 925s at the moment)

My wife has been trying to get me to take her to a strip bar for years...:heart:

You tell that little sweetheart of yours to get herself all gussied up and I'll pick her up at 9 tomorrow night to take her to one for ya.

I'll even break out my best pair of bibs to wear myself. :laugh:

well...
as of 3:33 he wasn't gone from this world!!!!!!!!!!

nice knowing you im out of here and i dont mean just this site i mean this world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grand dog i want to appoligize to you all i was not myself the other day i am sorry if i offended you in any way shape or form i am learning how to be content on where im at in life sometimes i have to go thru a storm to get to the other side and right now im in the storm but im not alone im being carried thru it by the master himself im being tested and tried right now but i love this cause i am learning why God has me to be like this im getting ready to be totally surrended and totally sold out to Jesus and that im happy about so if you can accept my appoligy that will make me feel better inside

always i was told seek ye first the kingdom of God and all his rightousness and all these things will be added unto you its time i put that verse into practice

im only got internet thru the library for now but take care
calvin

"im only got internet thru the library for now but take care"
calvin

I wonder how that will work out for Internet sales....?

65 saws and a parts lot for $400? You guys are cheap! That is ~$6 a saw and then the parts are thrown in for nothing. You can't tell me it isn't worth more than that. A thousand sounds pretty fair to me.

And then some of you guys throw out requests if someone does buy the lot. I would probably charge ya $400 for what you want. Hahaha

Im with you there. Stop being so cheap people

That's been covered already. You're free to pay more if you want...

Dont worry, im not the least bit interested.

Everyone wants something for nothing though, that is until the tables are turned and you think what you have is worth its weight in gold.

Someone asks 4000 and they get offers for 400,LOLOL. its called DISRESPECT in my book. . .

Dont worry, im not the least bit interested.

Everyone wants something for nothing though, that is until the tables are turned and you think what you have is worth its weight in gold.

Someone asks 4000 and they get offers for 400,LOLOL. its called DISRESPECT in my book. . .

Not that long ago (mostly before feebay), that lot of saws and parts would barely get scrap value (since a person would have to unbox and sort all the parts to go in the right scrap bin). I have a friend who's bought pallets of NOS Homelite parts for pennies on the dollar over the last several years.

The numbers discussed in this thread aren't 'disrespect' (with or without the all-caps 'forum yelling'.....which is disrespectful...). No "turning tables" here either. I have no illusions about any of my stuff ever being "worth its weight in gold". We can thank the 'ebay revolution' for turning what was obsolete parts into a 'gold mine' in the minds of folks that want to 'get rich' off of old chainsaw nuts like me....

If the seller of these parts and saws asks $4000 for the lot, and it's is only worth $1000 wholesale (or less), then he shouldn't at all feel 'disrespected' by a $400 offer. BTW-I seriously doubt Calvin has passed (or ever will pass) any of our 'offers' (whether it's a $400 amount tossed about in an internet discussion, or Walt's actual stated $1000 offer for the parts and saws) on to the seller in question. If the fellow doesn't want to accept a $400 (or $1000) wholesale offer, then he is free to sell the parts on ebay........or keep them in his basement, or throw them away, or whatever.....:sucks:

The parts are only worth what someone is willing to pay. So it sounds like someone is willing to pay $1000.00, so I guess that is what they are worth to somebody. I had the chance to buy a dealer's stock of Homelite for 400.00 years back. For the amout of parts he had it would have been a deal for both parties, but I mess with just McCulloch and Poulan so I did not waste my time with the parts.

I didn't read all of this thread.

Are these parts/saws still available?

$4000 is too high, just curious to see what happened.

Fish, you might already know this, but here goes--Calvin left to start his own forum. I was over there earlier today doing some reading; I'm pretty sure it's against the rules here to provide a link.

I was waiting on another member here to have me pick them up for him if he could make the deal for them.

Never heard back, so I'm assuming the seller thinks he has a gold mine.

Mark, I went all the way up to $2,000 for the lot and never heard back from the guy, I guess I will fold my money and spend it elsewhere. To bad for him, if he would have been reasonable we all could have had some fun, guess you are right about the "gold mine" mentality.

Latest posts

Back