Got a new MS261 today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new saw rep for ya.

I have been coveting one of those for some time. Unlike some on this site, I have to have at least a fairly good reason to spend that much on a new saw and I just can't come up with one. We have 5 saws in the 50-60cc class and none of them are broken.... sigh....

new saw rep for ya.

I have been coveting one of those for some time. Unlike some on this site, I have to have at least a fairly good reason to spend that much on a new saw and I just can't come up with one. We have 5 saws in the 50-60cc class and none of them are broken.... sigh....

I've wanted one for a while. My wifey was about ready to choke me when she pulled in our drive and seen it on my tailgate.:eek2:

That's cool H 2 H. I was either sawing my 250 to death or breaking my back with the 441.... This should find its place nicely in the pack!

This will be the second saw in what 6 weeks nthat I've bought if I keep this up thru the year I'll be saw heavy :)

I'm still going to be playing with the 250 alot but after demoing the 261 for about 4 1/2 hours this morning and get a log truck load coming in next week I just thought it would be a little to much for the 250

I think it's hard to go wrong with a 261. I have ran the 346 many times and love it, but after I finally got to handle a 261 I thought it felt really good and balanced in my hands.

I figure with a little grinding and some muffler work that it would be the perfect firewood cutting saw.

By the way Rynomagnum what bar size did you get

At both the places I been looking at and the one I used today were set up with 20" bars and thats what coming on mine

Awe, enough already, with the great price and "I'm getting mine next week" stuff. :msp_mad:
I just wish I could go 6 weeks without being in the dog house for even thinking about another saw, and I am thinking.
Got to stop reading these happy threads, they make me so jealous. They're Trouble, I tells ya, Trouble, with a capital "T" kind of Trouble. :help:

The MS 261 is a great saw. I use the heck out of mine and I like it probably better than any other saw I have. It is light, lots of power, cuts like a dream, starts easy and is easy on fuel. There is one sitting in front of me in my avitar.

Congrats on the price too. :msp_thumbup:

The MS 261 is a great saw. I use the heck out of mine and I like it probably better than any other saw I have. It is light, lots of power, cuts like a dream, starts easy and is easy on fuel. There is one sitting in front of me in my avitar.

Congrats on the price too. :msp_thumbup:[/QUOTE

Thanks Wolfcoln. I didn't have to get my big saw out any today. I dropped a bunch of decent sized trees with the new one and loved it more and more as the day went on....and so did my back! I am very pleased with my purchase. Be safe and happy sawing!:msp_smile:

Back