Got 'er Done! Finsished Truck Paint and Graphics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, yur up way to early! :eek:uttahere2::blob2::yoyo:

Check Quad Cities Craigslist, it was on there.

I hear ya. I can only sleep 4-5 hours straight...sometimes up to seven. No alarm, just up anywhere from 2 something to as late as four tops depending on when I go down. There are occasional exceptions.

that's sweet. glad too hear they are close enough. any idea as to their condition?

that truck set up is just plain brilliant
what a great idea man
id think id add some sort of flex poles i could see from the cab to the front of your grapple rack in front, just so i knew exactly where it was

I never actually just said what a great job ya did there I mean I have had that truck 2xs in my time and neither ever looked half as nice as that and I always just painted them and kept them stock but the mini carrier or stump cutter box is sweet .. GOOD JOB

thanks again for all the kind comments. Found another good use for the rack on the front - just bought a 'stump slayer' stump grinder attachment for my mini skid and figure I can carry that on the front rack and put my grapple in the infeed chute of my vermeer 18" chipper with a ratchet strap to hold it in. Now I'll have everything I need in one trip.

AP

thanks again for all the kind comments. Found another good use for the rack on the front - just bought a 'stump slayer' stump grinder attachment for my mini skid and figure I can carry that on the front rack and put my grapple in the infeed chute of my vermeer 18" chipper with a ratchet strap to hold it in. Now I'll have everything I need in one trip.

AP

Just curious if anyone else has has given this setup a try? A few folks on AS have told me they were going to do it to their trucks so I'm interested to know how it's working out. If you've done it or are in the process, please post some pics and comments.

AP

Arbor Pro,
Nice job on your chipper truck, I had drawn out plans a few years ago to put a stake bed curb side dump behind one of those asblundh trucks,where you put the platbed, that would also eliminat the rocking chair loading and unloading the mini, to load logs on so I could dump them at yard with out disonnecting chipper, how does the mini/stumper compare to like a carlton 2500-4, never did any thing have my little fuso with 12 drybox roll up rear door(on a dump sub frame) then carry my 2500-4 on 5x10 trl behind 91 d350 with 8 ft fb dump, but I usually go back next day by myself to stump grind and load logs that would fit in fuso, but with your set up I could eliminate 3 pieces of equipment and have every thing on jobsite even when solo,cool
Paul

ps I even saved some long wheel chir lift cylinders to make the deck slide toward the curb side till tips, just the fuso is to light to add more to,

Arbor Pro,
Nice job on your chipper truck, I had drawn out plans a few years ago to put a stake bed curb side dump behind one of those asblundh trucks,where you put the platbed, that would also eliminat the rocking chair loading and unloading the mini, to load logs on so I could dump them at yard with out disonnecting chipper, how does the mini/stumper compare to like a carlton 2500-4, never did any thing have my little fuso with 12 drybox roll up rear door(on a dump sub frame) then carry my 2500-4 on 5x10 trl behind 91 d350 with 8 ft fb dump, but I usually go back next day by myself to stump grind and load logs that would fit in fuso, but with your set up I could eliminate 3 pieces of equipment and have every thing on jobsite even when solo,cool
Paul

ps I even saved some long wheel chir lift cylinders to make the deck slide toward the curb side till tips, just the fuso is to light to add more to,

The stump slayer attachment for the mini skid is about as porductive as a 25hp self-propelled grinder. there are advantages and disadvantages to the attachment but production is very comparable to a vermeer sc252. I have sold that attachment though as I prefer a dedicated grinder to the attachment. Visibility of the stump is difficult with the attachment. It also ties up your mini skid. I simply prefer a seperate machine. I purchased the slayer for a single contract which was grinding stumps through out an amusement park within a number of odd areas that would have been very difficult to get a sc252 into.

I thought I would love the slayer and end up selling my 252. I actually ended up selling the slayer and am going to upgrade my 252 with a rayco 1635 trac grinder. I will probably run into instances where I'll regret selling the grinder attachment but I think that it would sit around too much in my situation to justify keeping it.

Patriot Tree in Colorado bought it along with an sk650 from me. He's currently using the combo to grind out a number of stumps on a single contract. Perhaps he'll give you his take on the slayer once he has some time under his belt with it.

AP

Very nice job.

The stump slayer attachment for the mini skid is about as porductive as a 25hp self-propelled grinder. there are advantages and disadvantages to the attachment but production is very comparable to a vermeer sc252. I have sold that attachment though as I prefer a dedicated grinder to the attachment. Visibility of the stump is difficult with the attachment. It also ties up your mini skid. I simply prefer a seperate machine. I purchased the slayer for a single contract which was grinding stumps through out an amusement park within a number of odd areas that would have been very difficult to get a sc252 into.

I thought I wofuld love the slayer and end up selling my 252. I actually ended up selling the slayer and am going to upgrade my 252 with a rayco 1635 trac grinder. I will probably run into instances where I'll regret selling the grinder attachment but I think that it would sit around too much in my situation to justify keeping it.

Patriot Tree in Colorado bought it along with an sk650 from me. He's currently using the combo to grind out a number of stumps on a single contract. Perhaps he'll give you his take on the slayer once he has some time under his belt with it.

AP

Very nice job.

wow! set up looks great!

thanks. I've talked with a number of tree guys since building my truck who said they were going to do the same thing or something similar. I'd like to see pics of their finished projects. I told a buddy of mine from MN to post pics of the F550 rebuild he's doing to accomodate his mini skid. It's coming along sweet. I'll keep on him to post pics on AS...

AP

Looks awsome, great job you got a real sweet set up. Just starting out and cant wait to have something similar. Hope it makes you good money.:rock:

Your article was an inspiration to us when it ran and we have been planning on it for awhile. It looks like we may be receiving our truck this week. We signed to start production before Christmas, but have been patient. We're using a Vermeer S800TX and adding a compartment for tracmats.

I'll post pictures when we get it!

Your article was an inspiration to us when it ran and we have been planning on it for awhile. It looks like we may be receiving our truck this week. We signed to start production before Christmas, but have been patient. We're using a Vermeer S800TX and adding a compartment for tracmats.

I'll post pictures when we get it!

Please do!

Thought of another advantage is the visability you eliminated the over the shoulder blind spot the man cab or my fuso has, found one of those cheep but I am going to work for Aspen for the summer and fall so thinking of selling everything but my bucket van and regroup this Dec. if the myans are wrong,lol think that the side dumping wood rack/equipment platform with a small tommy lift and removable ramps might be the way I will go, the place that takes my mulch charges if have logs, so I load them on last so they can see them.
Hard to not have a shop, niebhors look cross eyed when I break out the welder and grinders, oh well I built my fuso in a back yard rent house but that was a lower niebhorhood and the niebhors had chickens and goats, lol
Paul

...hard to not have a shop, niebhors look cross eyed when i break out the welder and grinders, oh well i built my fuso in a back yard rent house but that was a lower niebhorhood and the niebhors had chickens and goats, lol
paul

lol

Hey AP, where did you ever find that truck for that price? I've been looking for a while now and not seen anything close to what you paid.

Hey AP, where did you ever find that truck for that price? I've been looking for a while now and not seen anything close to what you paid.

iowa two years ago during the heavy recession. that was then, this is now - things are recovering and the price of everything is going up again. I should have bought it's twin at the same time and converted it into a flatbed dump for logs. could have snatched that one up for $3500 as the top had already been cut out for hauling firewood. Oh well, what's that they say about hindsight...?

Of course, you do remember what it looked like before the restoration? Not exactly the pride of the pumpkin patch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back