Got me a new ms460!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ten tanks

Welcome to the jungle!

I ran 4 tanks through today ripping 18" oak rounds into firewood with a 20" bar.

Rough duty: my 460 got the dual-port & carb adjustment before it ever hit wood. Noodled 4 tanks straight off, felled another tree then bucked a tank, & noodled a bunch more today. IMO it's a thirsty animal, but does some good work.

The 'roller' on the bottom of the spikes is safer(?) and opens up the chip path behind and below it. (I still have the small clutch cover, single spike, and L catcher & it lacks for noodling)

Tell me about it. The dealer said that the dual port cover wasn't offered around here. He said it was an "out west" thing. I guess i will have to look out west then...... i hope to get some time in on it this weekend. It feels pretty good, but im sure it will open up more as time goes on.
we can get them in iowa so i woudnt see why you cant get them there.

matt your gonna regret that 460 when your buddys 570 spanks your bottom :laugh::laugh::laugh: ...i dont see that happening.

oh yeah and a chain catcher is worth it...saturday i had a chain slap the piss out of my leg.

lol. I gotta pick a little. Everybody seems to be aggravatin everybody else on brand choice...so i figured i'd join in too.......lol. Dang huskys.....

Latest posts

Back