Got me a new ms460!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't several makers make husky bars though? Around here i've been told all husky bars are made by oregon and only oregon.

I have a Husqvarna branded GB Ti bar. Sawtroll indicated that some Husqvarna bars are made over there in Norway, I think.

Everyone here says husky bars are all oregon, but i bought a forrester bar that was identical to a husky bar at the local husky dealer. He took them both out to show me that i could get the same thing for ten bucks less by going forrester instead. I have saw GB husky online, and i've had oregon husky bars. I just wanted some backup on that notion.

Everyone here says husky bars are all oregon, but i bought a forrester bar that was identical to a husky bar at the local husky dealer. He took them both out to show me that i could get the same thing for ten bucks less by going forrester instead. I have saw GB husky online, and i've had oregon husky bars. I just wanted some backup on that notion.

I have had a Forrester bar before and it looked to be well built, it didn't get beat enough to really test it though. If you have a 20" b&c already why not try a lightweight 32"? Oregon or Sugi, I'm going to get one some day, LOL.

Maybe one day i can find a cheap used bar around 28 or so for the occassional big stuff. I hardly ever could use more than a 20"

What dawgs would go good on the 046? I want some big ones. Mainly for looks, but hey, i want some anyway.

Here is a 440 with the big Stihl dawgs/chain catcher in my sig.

attachment.php

so the 440/460 have the same inner dawg, but the out is different on the 460. How bout those pro safety dawgs on bailey's site. They don't have a chain catcher though. Do i need the catcher?

so the 440/460 have the same inner dawg, but the out is different on the 460. How bout those pro safety dawgs on bailey's site. They don't have a chain catcher though. Do i need the catcher?

Yes on the dawg and the CC is worth the $$$, a derailed chain can hurt you and the saw.

Back